And so the cull begins

This seems most likely yeah.

2 Likes

Lowballers gonna lowball!

2 Likes

PayPal has been doing this for a while now. I think they’re capitalizing on the interest made while holding everyone’s money.

I don’t use them anyone. I sell all my stuff locally cash only.

3 Likes

I’d much prefer to do this bit I’m almost 200 kms from the nearest major town so unfortunately it’s not really an option

2 Likes

One bass down, more to go.

Blue Charvel to go, great bass but with the Dark Queen doesn’t get play.

On the fence on my Stream 1005. It’s a stream, gorgeous bass, Hipshot bridge and tuners but it’s a fiver. but it’s a stream.

paranormal probably. Been hanging onto a Jazz because of Joe, but I don’t know. Settling into Ps and much more my style.

Possibly the Corsair. Really nice bass, but doesn’t get played.

My frankenstream is staying

4 Likes

Keep a J around, I think you will wish you did if you don’t.

4 Likes

Okay so my PayPal account has been released but no fund release until 11 October!
Ah well, it’s a positive result but a wait on Thunderbird hunting :joy:

4 Likes

Bastardos! For what reason do they hold your money captive?

3 Likes

So he doesn’t buy more basses. It’s for his own good :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

Probably to make sure the buyer doesn’t have a claim before they release it

4 Likes

What @Wombat-metal said and because it’s been a while since I’ve used PayPal as my receiver of funds when selling stuff

3 Likes

@joergkutter @Mac how is your culling going? At the moment I am having a real hard time selling anything. The 17% inflation could be a good reason for this… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I hear you… so far, I only put the Harley-Benton and the AIO P-bass up for sale - sold the H-B 6-string, but didn’t sell the AIO so far (even though lots of people seem to be interested). I still haven’t had the “heart/stomach” to put the Yamaha and the Sandberg up for sale. Given not least the relatively slow market right now, I might wait a few more months :wink:

5 Likes

My cull has definitely slowed to a standstill.
I have sold 2 in the last month but I’ve had no nibbles on the remaining basses
And no interest in the combo amp I have up for sale so it looks like that’ll be next.
Pedals next :scream:

5 Likes

Guess the market is slow everywhere. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

It is slow for sure. Lots of interest and few actual bites. This is quite normal for this time of year coming out of summer. It will pick up as the holidays approach.

4 Likes

Well my cull started today, accepted an offer on my Corsair, and returned the Tele bass, so down two basses.

5 Likes

Just put my Peavey Milestone JJ up foe consignment and donated my Donner P-clone to my son’s school.

5 Likes

sold the Harley Benton
sold the MIM Vintera P red/gold

I am in a good place, neither want nor want to get rid of anything at the moment, but if I were to cull, it would be the Frank Bello bass. I use it for KISS tunes and keep it tuned down a half step. It stays until I find something more apropriate that isn’t shaped like a cheesy axe.

3 Likes

I sold the SBMM Ray34 today and completed my instrument downsizing. I’m down to 1 bass, 1 electric guitar, 1 acoustic guitar, and 1 mandolin.

In total I’ve sold 6 basses and 2 guitars.

All that is left to sell is the Mark Bass amp. The plan is to consolidate to a Yamaha THR10 for both guitar/bass home practice amp, or go the studio monitor route. I haven’t decided yet.

I have no desire for any new instruments for now and it actually feels pretty good!

5 Likes