Any sexy new basses you've got your eye on?

@T_dub this looks like a Samick LB11 to me, which was also sold under the Silvertone brand name, and possibly a couple of other ones as well. Supposedly not a bad instrument, but definitely not worth more than about $70 - $90 if you ask me.

4 Likes

See, this color is getting there :slight_smile:

Needs to be a little more obnoxious.

Yeah, thats what I figured. the guy offering it in trade is trying to make it out to be equal value, and I thought I may as well just check around before I flat out reject the trade.
But My feelings have been validated, and I would counter with this bass and $250 cash for my Ray4HH, or no trade. Thanks for the backing up info.

2 Likes

The EMG J set is about $180 new. The rest of the bass doesn’t matter much compared to those, that’s what’s really up for trade.

So used, figure $100 for them alone, maybe?

Alright, I’ll bring out the crazy ones.

3 Likes

Something for this topic for sure:

Nice. This is actually from a Luthier in Oakland. Guy holding the gun bass is E-40. This Luthier (Roque Batty) also made a guitar for Santana, and it is a stunning piece of art.

1 Like

I assume it’s for death metal :grin:

8 Likes

Looks like a bass that allows you to really… Dig in

8 Likes

Rockabilly or Pyschobilly maybe? If they don’t use a stand up?

3 Likes

E-40!!!

Apparently a super nice guy in person.

2 Likes

That bass IS cool even if cheesy!

2 Likes

I think your digging yourself into a hole there @Wombat-metal,
:joy::rofl::joy:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

A Sire Marcus Miller is in my wishlist as a treat for graduating the BB school of coolness

13 Likes

I want this one, for the color alone:

8 Likes

I like this one. Sire V5.

6 Likes

I have a current order pending for a sandberg which will be pretty special BUT when I recently went to “The Bass Center” in Melbourne Australia, I saw a few Marcus Miller basses on display…WOW, so nice!! I’m waiting (since Oct 2020) but am questioning why I am waiting when those Marcus basses are so nice.

5 Likes

@russki98, be patient. A Sandberg is worth waiting for :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Thanks @Krescht I needed the “intervention” to stay strong and wait… And rightly so, I was told to expect it around April and I was ok with it but now I can’t help but feel a bit impatient. UGH!

5 Likes

I’m sure Guy has plenty of other basses hanging in the shop that could go home with ya Russ @russki98,
It’s a trap going into the bass centre​:joy::rofl::joy:I try and steer clear of that place
Cheers Brian

3 Likes