Any sexy new basses you've got your eye on?

That’s a beauty! I really like the Schecter Riot too.

1 Like

I’m getting a decent gaming pc, will probably pick up a Presonus and StudioOne comes with it, see if that is how to go. I guess some headphones too. Then I can just plug and play on the headphones?

2 Likes

Yep before I got my current monitors I did everything through headphones out of my DAI.

Be a good way to improve my recordings while also not bugging my family much. With DI I don’t need to worry about acoustics or sound proofing either, since I don’t (can’t) sing.

It turns out there’s a plugin for that too :slight_smile:

many in fact, I just like that one.

Yeah, I could sound just like T-Pain!

1 Like

That was my first reaction as well, but actually thats the best part - none of that warbly autotune artifacting. I’m pretty happy with it:

https://youtu.be/0DIm19t7CvY

My singing is consistently only about a half semitone off so it’s pretty close, which helps, but the pitch correction software has come a long way.

1 Like

I think you have to be fairly close for it to work well though, I’d try it, but I think I’m more than a half semitone lol.

1 Like

That is pretty good though…can tell it’s being adjusted, but it still works within the song…damn that is tempting. I sing in one song I made for my wife…it isn’t HORRIBLE but nothing to brag about lol.

1 Like

Interesting. What part can you tell is adjusted? Oh I should mention - the “Oohs” a register up are synthesized, that’s not my singing.

You should try their free trial, it’s pretty cool.

I suppose it’s just an ear thing. I play live with an unadjusted singer a lot, and in studio we touch up here and there…so I can hear the actual difference. It isn’t “noticeable” unless it’s something you are specifically listening for. It’s a slight tonal thing, really weird lol. It’s also used by basically every pro, so it’s not anything to worry about.

1 Like

One sure giveaway is that nearly no one actually sings with perfect pitch. The software lets you keep things detuned a bit if you want but I figured, nah and slammed everything to dead on :slight_smile:

Yeah, no worries man. I damn near can’t sing at all. In a very specific register where I don’t have to change to many notes I can do okay! Past that I’m going off pitch noticeably.

I made a new topic for this so we can stop derailing this one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice bass!

1 Like

i want the Mikey Way Squier Mustang bass
it aint new but its still purrty

6 Likes

It is standard on EBMM Sterling 4 strings.
And on the SBMM Ray 4 and Ray24
But I like the SLO = San Luis Obispo, I should have been able to figure that one out however. :blush:

3 Likes

Hah, I didn’t figure it out either. I saw it in a thread on the EBMM forum :grin:

4 Likes

I feel I should have gotten it however, because I have labeled Stingrays as MISLO before. D:UH

2 Likes

This just turned up in the classifieds here in Denmark: a Bacchus Woodline 5 - J-style, but with two very interesting pickups. The whole bass looks gorgeous; made in Japan. Not sure how old… Price for a new one apparently USD 3300; asking price is USD 1600 :joy:

9 Likes