Any sexy new basses you've got your eye on?

I like this one. Sire V5.

6 Likes

I have a current order pending for a sandberg which will be pretty special BUT when I recently went to “The Bass Center” in Melbourne Australia, I saw a few Marcus Miller basses on display…WOW, so nice!! I’m waiting (since Oct 2020) but am questioning why I am waiting when those Marcus basses are so nice.

5 Likes

@russki98, be patient. A Sandberg is worth waiting for :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Thanks @Krescht I needed the “intervention” to stay strong and wait… And rightly so, I was told to expect it around April and I was ok with it but now I can’t help but feel a bit impatient. UGH!

5 Likes

I’m sure Guy has plenty of other basses hanging in the shop that could go home with ya Russ @russki98,
It’s a trap going into the bass centre​:joy::rofl::joy:I try and steer clear of that place
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Really like this SS bass. Nordstrand Acinonyx.Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 19.45.15 Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 19.46.59

5 Likes

I like the looks of that bass

2 Likes

I like many things from the design point of view. There are a bunch of videos about it on YouTube under cat bass but I liked this one a lot: THE FAT CAT GOES FLAT! Nordstrand Acinonyx (Cat) Bass - YouTube where it it is being played with flats.

1 Like

Ooh I like a lot of things about that.

2 Likes

If the Bass Center has anykind of return policy like our Guitar Center out here, 90 days, hmmmmmm
That would take you right into April.
go get the Marcus Miller, play with it until end of March, return it, and get your Sandberg in April

3 Likes

You know that purchasing with the intent to return and not keep something is against the law, right? Google “return fraud”.

Not saying that to deter you, just pointing out that giving advice online to do so may not be the best plan :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not exactly what it means according to google, but please, let’s not argue about it here, and I will just let that be the last time.

2 Likes

Yes Brian @TNKA36 , how can they fit that much awesomeness into such a small shop. Guy has sold me 3 basses already and this will be 4. They don’t even seem to care about the marital stress they cause at the mere mention of visiting their shop.

3 Likes

I like the way you think @T_dub. Unfortunately, in reality I would most likely end up falling in love with the Marcus Miller, not want to return it and I’d end up with yet another bass . Not entirely a bad thing but that kind of thing could see me sleeping on the couch…a lot.

3 Likes

Edwards model of an ESP F-series up used for ~$240.

Good deal. Not for me (I’d want one of the natural wood stained ones) but it’s an Edwards for the price of a LTD.

1 Like

Just this morning I came across this 1991 MIJ Precision on the website of a local music store. I know it’s not very adventurous of me but I love MIJ Fenders and I reckon it would be a perfect partner for my '96 MIJ Jazz bass. But, is it my eyesight or are there ghost images on the body?

Could this bass have had stickers on the body causing the exposed parts to fade leaving a shadow?

4 Likes

@chris6 I don’t know what kind of barbarian would do such a thing, but it looks like that might be the case. It wouldn’t hurt to ask. Then again, it may be reflections of objects in the room it was photographed in.

3 Likes

I didn’t seem them at first, but yes, looks as if there well may have been some stickers on it in the past . . . :thinking:

It would make a nice addition to your Jazz, too! :wink:

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

That was my second thought, @Mike_NL :grin:

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

Looks like stickers to me. All the same, I agree that MIJ Fenders are high quality and that looks like a nice P to me.

4 Likes