Any sexy new basses you've got your eye on?

The SLS Elite 4 is a beautiful bass and the Fishman pickups sound great :heart:

There’s a Cort as well using those pickups by the way… more choices :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Damn you @Krescht!!!.. JK :grinning: LOL… I just watched that video 3 times through headphones, studio monitors, and semi ok Bang Olufsen computer speakers. That court sounds great, and is in the same price range too.

I think for me the Schecter SLS Elite would still be my first choice based on looks alone. Still leaning towards the black fade burst color too. But I’d have to play them both for any real judgement to be made. I do like the sound of the Court as well as I can compare the two via YouTube videos. I’ll give it a close second to the Schecter.

What would be the odds of finding someone with BOTH in stock??? LOL

Thanx
Chris

2 Likes

Here is a video of a guy bass battling people with the bass u were looking at. sounds amazing.

2 Likes

If you aren’t familiar with Charles Berthoud, I would watch some more of his stuff. One of the top technical bass players around today. He’s even had compliments from Marcus Miller.

3 Likes

He is absurdly good.

2 Likes

Being able to split the pickups into single coils with the Schecter is a nice addition.

I’d rarely use it but it definitely adds to the versatility.

1 Like

For me it’s all about feel. There are a million things you can do to make a bass sound how you want it, but not much you can do to make it feel better and be easier to play (to your preference).

3 Likes

Those are fun though. Trivia, the first bike I ever wrecked was a CR125R :slight_smile:

Yeah, that’s yet another reason I am in love with my 604. Feel is subjective and I have only found one or two basses that even match it for me. None that beat it.

Yeah exactly. I mean a Fender P might be a better feel for someone. I really wanted to like Washburn, but the one at GC I played didn’t feel nice, maybe Id have to try one with a better setup. I liked the feel of Yamaha too, which is why I have one!

2 Likes

I picked up a Schecter CV-4 from a shop that was closing, it was cheap so I thought why not. I just don’t like the feel of that bass. I was playing it last night and it felt meh.

Now my Ibanez, it fit like a glove the moment I picked it up. I’m excited just talking about it.

So much of this is subjective, which is why trying out various basses is such a good idea. Of course now I want to figure out how to swing an Ibanez 4 string, probably sell the Schecter. But want to try a TRBX before I make any decisions,

1 Like

All completely subjective. I’ve played two basses of the same model and liked one and not the other too! Lol. So it’s hard to tell.

2 Likes

I have a sister who lives in Alexandria Bay so I can appreciate how far you have to go. Worth the trip.

2 Likes

That’s a classic @terb👍
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

I love the lobster. I have gotten his notifications for new content since subscribing a few weeks back, and I have actually been on the past few of his videos as the first watcher, and on one I had the first reply.
that is really not a big deal and doesn’t mean much, just that I usually never comment on videos when they first come out and never watch the premiere.
Not even Bass Buzz, or Josh Fossgreen videos. I get the notifications, but I see them much later then when they first air.
Lobsters timing just works with me, they come out at 6am my time PST and I am usually getting up for a meeting or going to be after an all night practice session, so when I see he has one, I watch it.

I do really like him. aside the corny lobster claw, he is very smart, he is very fair, and he keeps it completely real. aside from Josh, I think he makes the best videos for the full value, quality, content, humor and learning.

I will admit that I don’t watch alot of channels often. I find one andd milk it for a while, and move on, and go back when I need to see a review, but I only really follow two channels that I watch every vidwo put out close to the release and that is Josh and Lobster, and third would be Mark. thats just me tho. I know of alot of the good channels out there, its just a time in the day runs out and can’t watch them all.

Um, Zero to not a chance in hell. IDK if you will find them in the same county, or even same state.

Thinking of upgrading my cheapo LTD ESP bass to a slightly less low-end model. Since I’m a leftie, the options are somewhat more limited, and I don’t feel like buying a hugely expensive bass at this stage, so currently I’m looking at Squier Classic Vibe 60s Precison bass for under 400 euros (so above $450), which a music store near me seems to have. Gonna have to call them at some point (maybe when the infection rate where I live looks a bit better…), if they have it so I can come try it. They also have a 70s Jazz model, but based on the videos I’ve looked at, I like the sound the P bass better, and am more rock-oriented than a jazz/funk guy anyway.

Hubba hubba

4 Likes

Indeed. I’d slap that. Gotta love those inlays.

1 Like

Any opinions on the ESP LTD MM-4FM? I like it overall, but I’m not sure about the “thin U” neck, and the lack of a tone control. Also I can’t find it on the ESP website, so it’s probably been discontinued?

https://www.thomann.de/ie/esp_ltd_mm_4fm_stblksb.htm

1 Like

Weird. Looks extremely expensive to me for a very very basic LTD, but it certainly has some decent hardware on it.