Any sexy new basses you've got your eye on?

Me too, Toby @T_dub . . . that’s why any more basses I buy will be made in USA :us:

Good to see you back again and hope you’re feeling better . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

Thanks Joe, hope all is well with you too.

2 Likes

I’ll be finding out in a couple of weeks :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Good luck, only thinking of good things for you.

3 Likes

Damn I really got the poison of the P Bass now, but my squier affinity and my low budget mods on it did not give me the sadisfaction of a well made instrument!

My Cort A4 is to blame for sure. Going between the two Squier Affinity feels toy like…

So hypothetically if I went for a well made P or preferably PJ bass what would be a great choice?

Low end of my list would be
Squier Classic Vibe 70’ P Bass. I just love thr looks of it!

High end of my list is Fender American Performer PJ which looks stunning but costs 3 times more!

Any ideas?

3 Likes

Buy both? :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m not really an expert on this, but there’s quite some people on the forum that own Yamaha BBs. Might be worth it looking at those :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I love my new BB734A. The 434 looks good too.

4 Likes

You did not see my whole list yet! I am not thinking to be a local P bass dealer… How is that nasty P working for you mate?

Yeah I had my eye on this one as well actually

Although I am a fool for maple fretboard I would prefer any other color than black!

6 Likes

Here’s a different color :wink:

5 Likes

Definetely different than black but same as %40 of the basses out there :smiley: And %50 of the basses I have home… :smiley:

5 Likes

Yep, pretty common… :wink:
They don’t seem to go for fancy colors at Yamaha though, unless you opt for the 200 series :confused:

4 Likes

Yeah they are all business it seems. From photos pro series and 434 seem identical!

Of course one could say the same for squier and fender…

2 Likes

Is there a point in buying cheap basses when it’s obvious you have set your eyes on quality instrument? Buying cheap instruments will always leave you unsatisfied in the long run because you will keep lusting for better one. Save up and buy what you actually want.

Since I bought my Surveyor '87 I’m not thinking about other basses anymore…I just don’t care because my needs are fulfilled. I have the tone, playability, quality and looks I wanted.

If for some reason that Surveyor wasn’t available my next choice would be Duff McKagan or that American Performer PJ. I can guarantee you won’t regret your purchase with either.

4 Likes

I went with the Squire Classic Vibe '70s P Bass in black. I got a call today from Sweetwater (love those guys) the bass arrived earlier than expected. They are going to do their 55 point check out and a setup with a set of D’Addario XTB45105 strings.

6 Likes

After lots of agonizing and deliberation, I decided to take the plunge and just pulled the trigger on my new Jazz Bass . . . :slight_smile:

It’s the American Ultra Jazz Bass in Arctic Pearl with maple neck and Rosewood fingerboard.

Here’s some stock photos:

When it gets here, I’ll try to take my own pics and upload them in the “Show Us Your Basses” topic. I was originally planning on the American Pro II Jazz Bass and get the Tech21 SansAmp DI pedal to go with it, but I thought that since this is a “bucket list” item of mine (as some of you may know), I’d just pull out all the stops . . . before I kick that bucket.

It’s hard to see in these photos, but it’s a very pretty pearlescent color and the white pearloid blocks show up very nicely against the rosewood fingerboard.

Wish me luck . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

16 Likes

Hell yeah! Good for you Joe! That bass is a beauty. :grinning: :+1:

4 Likes

Ooh very nice Joe

4 Likes

right there with you. and there is nothing wrong with black, it is just so common, blends into the black shirts I almost always am wearing, but I do love a flashy bass color.

2 Likes

Midnight blue BBP34 is gorgeous:

Lava Red Peter Hook signature BBPH is amazing (also unobtanium):

Teal BB434 is interesting:

I am not really a burst person but I absolutely love the bursts on the 734A and 434 though. I bought a 734A and think it is gorgeous.

The BB734 is one of the best basses for the money you will find. Easily will hold its own with basses at twice its price, or more.

7 Likes