Any sexy new basses you've got your eye on?

I LOVE IT.

I want a Hacienda pickguard.

1 Like

Damn those look nice. What is the price for them?

1 Like

They make a Super P/J too :slight_smile:

Looks like about 3000 euro. So about the same as the Afterburners.

8 Likes

Gorgeous but too pricey for me!

2 Likes

Oh yeah.

I could see maybe popping for an “affordable” Combustion, used, but that and the Afterburner are waaaaaay out of my ballpark.

1 Like

Yess. This bass is so beautiful looking. Has any of you here played this before? It makes me want to do tapping on it. :smiley: It looks more like a guitar than a bass.

2 Likes

I’ve seen them but never played them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys , I’ve just pulled the trigger on this , a Fender vintera 70s j , I nearly finished b2b and I’m finding my feet musically
I’ve had a squier vm jazz 5 but found it a bit hefty I have been playing my ibby sr605 but have decided I don’t need 5 strings … anyway I don’t have anyone to share the news with so thought I’d share here :slight_smile: can’t wait to pick it up tomorrow

21 Likes

Looks fantastic, enjoy it!

3 Likes

Nice. I have a Vintera P and it’s build really well. Enjoy!

3 Likes

I was really torn between a p and a j but the jazz neck profile swings it for me

5 Likes

There are P’s with a J neck profile.
@Lanny has one, and it sounds fantabulous (check his covers). Myself, I’m hunting for an old Peavey Milestone BXP in a P config (I have one in JJ) and they have jazz necks.

4 Likes

My Squier CV 70s P has a Jazz neck, and with the Geezer pickup sounds great. For a lot less than a Player. I do need to get to making covers though, @Lanny has me there

4 Likes

Nice bass @Wombat-metal…. Squire’s are good bass’s - hell, I have one that I play for certain songs…. Have had that bass for a long time and have it set up with all the electronics and pups from my Fender P bass that I upgraded with new electronics and Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders. I like using that one for songs that are tuned flat, and with flat strings playing it at the neck, it gives me a really cool double bass resonance - especially for 12 bar blues and walking bass lines.

I use my PJ with the jazz neck as my main player since I can better control tones with the different pups…

3 Likes

I swapped out the pots to the EMG pots that came with the Geezer Butler pup, ans strung it with D’Addario tape wounds, and I think it sounds and plays fantastic. In moments of gassiness I’ve toyed with getting a Fender Player P, but I haven’t as I don’t think I will gain anything by doing so.

13 Likes

Damn! That’s nice!! Love the color and love that jazz neck!! I could have some serious fun with that!!

3 Likes

This is a cool bass dude

2 Likes

Thanks, I love surf green. Picked it up used for a bit over $200 in mint condition, and added Geezer pickup. I think it’s a steal. Added a Hipshot bridge too.

Used is a good way to a new bass

4 Likes

I love Hipshot bridges…. Have them on a fee of mine. Have one with a Babitz, and for the money, Hipshot is my choice. I do use Babitz on my guitars though.

3 Likes

Did you guys see these new Harley Bentons??

About 350 USD - interesting!

7 Likes