Any sexy new basses you've got your eye on?

Yeah… the brown burst is half of what doomed the BB for me. I mean, as far as bursts go, it was one of the best - I’m just not into either a brown or traditional burst color scheme :slight_smile:

:+1:

2 Likes

Another thing to bear in mind is to keep the originals if you mod it, and switch it back before selling - even the 4-way switch - unless you want to utterly destroy the resell value.

Dingwalls are one of those guitars that people go in to the purchase with something specific in mind. Few people (relative to other basses) would likely want a mod.

I’ve tried selling a modded bass before and got absolutely no takers, for months on the market. Reconfigured it to stock and it sold almost immediately.

3 Likes

When you turn on distortion it does

1 Like

Always, I have a bin with zip locks with every bit I’ve taken off of any bass.

4 Likes

The only one at the moment, and for a dopey price, is pink…

2 Likes

this is great, and at the moment only in Brussels (which apparently is a really great place for basses!).

1 Like

The only ‘acceptable’ mod I see is making an NG3 an NG3.
Dingwall sells conversion kits (new switch, pickup, pickguard).
The Lambo Orange one above has had this done.
Seems the NG2s are/were more widely availabe so folks do this.
The bodies are actually routed for the 3rd pickup whether an NG2 or NG3 (at least the newer ones are (pretty smart). They actually removed the ‘2’ or ‘3’ off the back control plate and now just say NG so they can convert at Dingwall if they want and not have a mismatch on the plate.

2 Likes

I was just watching this last night thinking about using the technique for a project bass. They to do the same type of thing with a variety of spreading shapes . . .

4 Likes

The green was the last batch released in June. Mine was preordered from that batch. There were only 50 worldwide so they won’t be readily available for long.

The next release (this month) are a mix of black and the Ducati white.

They haven’t announced the subsequent batch yet.

2 Likes

Long story short, there was an issue with the GB 4 warranty when I took it in for repairs, unexpectedly that became a return.

In it’s place will be this beauty

LTD Surveyor 4

Ash body, rosewood fingerboard, EMG pickups, P4 neck, MMTW bridge with a coil tap to switch to a single coil pickup, 3 band EQ.

Should be here this week

8 Likes

I’m glad there’s at least a few things that we don’t agree on :laughing:

1 Like

That looks like the bass version of skinny jeans :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’m drawn to the
Aquamarine Green. Been stalking these a bit since I discovered Toby Peterson is now endorsed by them. They currently have a competition on their page, giving away a (yawn) white one. I wouldn’t say no, though I think I’ve got a long, long way to go to really deserve a 5 string bass like this one.

7 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Surveyors are fantastic! But yeah I’m not a burst guy either.

Love this one:

That’s the '87, not the 4, though.

4 Likes

Utterly fantastic.

Would be cool if they also did a British Racing Green, to go with their supercar motif.

2 Likes

I have a real thing for orange lately :slight_smile: Im going to build either a 6 string solid body or a 4 string semi hollow bass next year and do it in orange or copper.

I came close to buying a 5 string combustion bass earlier this year, i think it was blue? Glad i didnt’… first it would be mostly sitting around doing nothing while i play my pbass and second i need to keep something to dream about :smiley:

6 Likes

I love the blue and purple Combustions. I actually like their color schemes better than the Nollys, except the headstock. And ofc I would want the Tone Capsule.

One of the best looking basses made, IMO.

6 Likes

Can you post a link to the give away? I couldn’t find it on their site.

1 Like

At a store not far from my work there’s a nolly signature 4st and an NG3 5 string, both in matte gold. I try to not go there too often :smiley:

2 Likes