Any sexy new basses you've got your eye on?

87’s been on preorder for a couple months. Hopefully last new bass I get.

I’m not a burst guy either, but one won’t kill me. The pickups look interesting.

1 Like

Until the next one? :sweat_smile:

I’m just trying to make it to the end of the year :joy:

1 Like

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=408112000677785&set=a.235320611290259

3 Likes

Last new bass, think there are better values on the used market. But honestly happy with what I have.

2 Likes

I’m happy with my basses too but i don’t buy basses to make me happy… so i’m sure there will be more :grinning: i’m a sucker for great amazon warehouse deals.

1 Like

Every time I have bought a new instrument, except once, it has been a valuable but unheeded lesson in why I should never buy a new bass. And that once I got the new instrument for a used price (outlet/floor model, even turned a minor profit on selling it).

I just vastly prefer used. Much better value, can often turn a profit on selling it, and fewer potential problems than new if the seller is reputable and honest. Flip side, no warranty, but that has not been an issue for me so far.

3 Likes

all my guitars and all my basses except for 2 were used and those two were about the same price new as people were asking for used models. Also i have this problem where i never sell anything :sweat_smile:

I have an epiphone LP that was only sold by Long and McQuade in canada for a few years. It’s got a gorgeous rootbeer quilt top on it, i looked for one for two years before i saw one locally last summer. I didnt really even want it that much at the time but the price was really good and it was like new except for a tiny little dent in the top… so i bought it. I’ve only played it once when i set it up and it’s been in the case since then. I open the case and look at it once in a while just to make sure the headstock isnt broken :laughing:

2 Likes

Not to mention the amount of issues with electronics I have had with new.

Only reason I will get the 87; new is really the only chance. They’re not making a lot.

3 Likes

Yeah. At this point I look at used as having someone else preflight the thing for you, and then sell it to you at half price.

1 Like

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JB2TBSB--g-and-l-tribute-jb-2-electric-bass-sonic-blue

with @Wombat-metal 's help I’ve find this J bass with P bass neck. Not in stock in EU atm. … so I will have to wait a few months. But this combination seems like a great deal.

2 Likes

Don’t know where in the EU you live, but supposedly this Dutch webshop can deliver it in 10 business days:
https://www.bax-shop.nl/elektrische-basgitaren/g-l-tribute-jb-2-sonic-blue-basgitaar

2 Likes

Nice. Thanks. I will check it out, how’s it with delivery to Czech republic. The bass looks good.

1 Like

I hope you let us know how you like it if you get it. I have an interest in G&L, but more the L1000. Still, they look like quality

2 Likes

Orange is awesome, of course I would say that.
I just can’t get into Dingwall’s for some reason.
I mean, I certainly wouldn’t turn one down, and I would like to try one, but I don’t like the look that much. I also don’t like the look of 5 string or multi scale.
Thats not to say I wouldn’t play one, and may like one, I just know I don’t like the look.

That style painting is really cool.
Somebody that was on this forum did a pickguart, red, white, grey and black, and made a pick guard for a white Stingray. It was way cool. I have looked into this method, and was thinking about doing a pick guard, just have not pulled the trigger on supplies yet.
I have two stingray pick guards, the stock black and a tortoise I could easily pour over and get really cool looking pick guards.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I remember seeing that now. I assumed they had floated a swirl on a liquid and dipped the part to get that effect. That was before I had seen people doing this acrylic spill technique.

This person crosses over from basic crafting into skilled art technique …

3 Likes

That is a really cool looking eye for sure, they have some real talent for pouring.

my approach would be, ok, I know what colors I am using, so I know what color mess I will get,
NOT
I am gonna pour a realistic and artistic eyeball.

3 Likes

Exactly. I’ll be in the Bob Ross happy accident territory.

3 Likes

Well this will NOT be my next bass…
Agreed on a price with the dude selling this and then didn’t hear from him for 2 days.
He decided to keep it.
Was on the fence about orange or purple, but my wife’s favorite color is orange so I thought that would ease the blow a little.
So will keep hunting for either to pop up. (neither is being made any more).

6 Likes

De heck is deal with Dingwalls? I guess Im not seeing what you peepz are.

And btw, uh…

9 Likes

Now that is a good looking bass!

1 Like