Any sexy new basses you've got your eye on?

Congrats! That’s really cool. Can’t wait to hear how you like it.

3 Likes

I say this every year… :joy: Congrats on your new bass!
And I also like the p/m config.

4 Likes

Famous last words :grin: Congrats on your purchase, looks freaking awesome!

4 Likes

Fantastic looking bass

3 Likes

Well 2021 being what it is, looks like the Surveyor 87 will be here in November.

Oh well, it’s really not that far off

9 Likes

Nice, Jan-Feb for my 5er, so Nov is easy peasy

3 Likes

Aaaah, but do you have the afro? If you got no 'fro, your Bob Rossing doesn’t count!

2 Likes

Getting counted was an option ???

3 Likes

Only with the 'fro. Otherwise it’s strictly qualitative.

3 Likes

Wombat did a bad bad thing.

Wel this story starts out some time ago, months even. I wanted a 5 string, just because there are songs I want to learn that use 5 strings. Yeah, I should listen to more bands, but there you have it.

And I liked the ESP Stream design, and it was on sale, so I put a Stream 205 on order. And waited. And waited.

And waited.

I was browsing during a meeting, and I saw a cheap used Stream 204 and thought heck, I will just get one and make it BEAD, and cancel the 205 after I get the 204 and everything works.

So I got the 204 in, and man if it isn’t the most comfortable bass to play I have ever picked up. The forearm just rests on the top curve of the body, and the hand is positioned perfectly for playing by the neck or the neck pup.

It’s a dream. And my thought of going BEAD took a hit because this is just super comfortable.

So I didn’t end up cancelling yet, and today I called up and asked when they were expecting the 205s in. And the answer is 2022 - August; maybe September. 10-11 more months.

Wow.

And unfortunately I was in the mood for a treat today, as today I just paid off a sizeable medical bill after some time. And sold a bass this week.

So I went looking to see if anyone else had one, and there are some gorgeous streams out there. I talked GC into a 20% discount on a 1005 in black burst with a burl top. Gorgeous. Still more money than I wanted to spend.

Found a couple on Reverb that were more reasonable. Even found some blemishes and one instock 205. But my eyes kept going back to this one

It’s used, which is now my preference - that’s changed since this saga started. It’s a Stream 1005 FM; ash body, flame maple top, hipshot tuners and bridge, rosewood fretboard, emg pickups. $100 more than the new 205, and listed in great condition.

So it’s on the way. Jeeze I’m a sucker. I hope the pandemic ends soon as I am convinced my gas is in part fuled by being stir crazy.

Oh, and the Surveyor has been pushed out another month, again.

Anyone want a set of BEAD strings?

12 Likes

@Wombat-metal, I fail to see the bad thing you start your story with. :upside_down_face:

But I am confused, did you buy 1, 2 or 3 basses?
I can’t keep up?
This one sure is pretty!

2 Likes

I bought two basses. I started by odering a Stream 205 and ended up with a Stream 204 and 1005

3 Likes

Ya, that’s 3, one is just slow in a comin’.
I thought my math was right.

You are now officially the Stream Guy.
Well done sir!

4 Likes

Is this how it went with Aerodynes? Because I had one and didn’t fall in with it. But Streams…

2 Likes

Yep. The good thing is its the only ‘bass’ I want to collect a lot of, and there are only 6 of the type I want to collect.
Saxes however, I have 9 of the 15 I am after, however #15 is not going to happen without winning a lottery because they go for $30,000 a pop (there are only 32 known to exist in the world). Too rich for my blood.

3 Likes

All I can say is I am glad for any part I had in getting this party started. I love those things too :slight_smile:

Yep indeed, well done :slight_smile:

If I were inclined to pick up another bass that would be a strong, strong contender. Just love the retro cool design. Really happy you landed on these and decided to go deep. Definitely my favorite across the whole ESP line.

4 Likes

Luckily for me I only really dig that rare red one.

3 Likes

Yeah that red one really does it for me too but all of the two-tones look fantastic IMO.

And check this one out:

Full ESP, and discontinued, so $4k if you can find one and not likely to drop. They are quoting $5k for that one.

Really the 1004’s all look fantastic to me though.

6 Likes

Yeah, the ESPs, even the E IIs, are pricey. Too much for me, The 1004 in Walnut may be my next taget sometime next year. Or the burl if I can find a used one.

8 Likes

One for you @Mac - on marketplace in Melbourne (unless it is you selling😂)

8 Likes