Anybody an Ibanez fan?

Thats is a beautiful overall rig. Just noticed your amp. Im slightly jealous. :laughing:

3 Likes

Considering relative skills, I should probably just send it to you. I bought the most shallow 15" cabinet I could find so it could pretend it was an end table on the couch. It’s been well tolerated in this room :smile:

4 Likes

Beautiful! My next bass is definitely going to be a 5 string fanned frets.

3 Likes

I would love to have one as well!

1 Like

I’ve had both, and both are fine; however, I prefer Yamaha personally.

2 Likes

I was all set to buy the Ibanez btb846SC

but after spending a good chunk of change repairing my iMac I am opting for another Ibanez 6string in a friendlier price range I will share its pic next week when it arrives

6 Likes

Those singlecut basses look beautiful!

3 Likes

@JuiceboxHero I really had my heart set on this one but I will buy one of these later in the year possibly

3 Likes

Let me know what you think if you get it. Good luck!

2 Likes

I absolutely will. I am buying an SR 6 string this week I will do a cover with it when I get it

2 Likes

You may wish to closely investigate how many Ibanez and Yamaha labelled stringed instruments come from exactly the same factories.
Instruments these days are designed with features and price points to suit everyone’s budget and this is accomplished by carefully manufacturing them and equipping them to price points and manufacturing them internationally to meet desired price points.
There’s no real point in instantly designating one brand as better than another arbitrarily when they’re so varied across every price point.
Picking one brand against another used to have a semblance of logic when production, design and manufacturing quality used to be clear cut totally different in all factors, but now it’s just saying that in all cases, the sticker on a bass makes it a superior instrument.

I just checked and I currently have six Ibanez basses, covering current to twenty years old, made in China, Korea and Indonesia. My Yamahas are both made in Japan and one is early 80’s. My Sterling Sub 5, G&L 2500 Tribute, Cort B4Plus, Ibanez 605 come from the same Cortec factory in Indonesia. My Fbass comes from Canada and my Warwicks come from Germany and my Fender from the USA.
They all vary in every aspect and the most I have are Ibanez.
But they’re all not better than my Yamahas.

I think the best value/price point bass I’ve yet found is actually the Cort B4 Plus.

3 Likes

The SR506 looks like it needs a little investigation! I’ve never owned a sixer before, but that might be my first.

1 Like

Yeah, apparently Ibanez and Cort are made in literally the same factory in Indonesia; I think Yamaha is in a different physical factory but same area. But all of the Indonesian basses are top notch. I’ve owned two and played a lot more and all were excellent, really great fit and finish. I would say it’s a “best kept secret” kind of thing but basically everyone knows now; price/quality wise it is hard to beat Indonesian-made basses right now.

I wouldn’t say quality-wise any of them were substantially better than the others.

Feature-wise it’s a model by model thing.

4 Likes

Man, I have held this exact specific bass in my hands at their shop and it is so damn good. They just dropped the price. Still way too much to consider for me though. I love the thing but I don’t love it enough to drop $1300 on it when the improvements over my TRBX604 would be only small and incremental.

But damn it’s gorgeous, light as a feather, and feels and plays amazing.

https://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/wavehouse/01-0000-DS06458620.html

I have been looking for over a year and have never seen one on the used market here.

7 Likes

My SR650 certainly came from the Cort factory

3 Likes

This is my 1979 Roadster RS800… a battered but beloved workhorse. I bought it second-hand on a spur-of-the-moment decision (my main instrument was the guitar, back then) about 25 years ago. Since then, it’s spent most of the time in storage in my cellar. Last year, I decided to make use of the pandemic and a lot of time at home to finally learn to play the bass, so out she came, got a setup at the music shop, and hey presto, off we went :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Such a classic look. I love the black finish with the maple board. Beautiful!

2 Likes

Thank you… yes, nothing flash, but there’s beauty in simplicity, too…

4 Likes

My first, my only

Absolutely love it

9 Likes

Looks like a beautiful instrument!

3 Likes