Anybody an Ibanez fan?

Nice buy @LesterH . Enjoy :wink:
My SR still remains my go to bass . So light and yet so full of tone

3 Likes

@Mac I have owned Ibanez basses in the years past but really wasnā€™t a bass player and they were the Gio series not the SR. I enjoyed them but there is a significant playability upgrade and tone with the active electronics on this thing. Not too mention it is probably half the weight of my J bass lol

2 Likes

The electronics are good although I donā€™t use them often but thereā€™s a real noticeable difference in weight between mine and my Fender or Rickenbacker. I can actually carry the bass and a cup of coffee in one hand while opening the door with the other ( I do not recommend or condone this stupidity but I can be a lazy bum lol )

4 Likes

I have a SR655E and I really like it, but my bridge pickup has an annoying high frequency buzz (the J pickup is the bridge pickup I guess) too. Need to open the bass up and see why. But a great bass otherwise!

3 Likes

@EBXEBX hopefully you get everything worked out! Good luck

1 Like

Might not be anything inside the bass; it could also be picking up electrical interference from something through the pickup. P/J basses only have one J so they are lacking the hum-cancelling you get with a bass that has two counter-wound Jā€™s. My P/J is more sensitive to noise than my J/J used to be, or my guitar is. Or my dual humbucker, but that should be obvious :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not to mention lower priced Fenders are made at cort factory in Indonesia too

2 Likes

I see I am not the only one with bridge pickup buzz. Maybe if grounds are ok I will someday change the lower pickup.

2 Likes

Anybody remember Hamer basses? Those basses were so heavy you almost needed a crane to lift it

Nice, Lester! Looks like pretty tight string spacing there!?!

This ^^ :smile:

2 Likes

There is a pickup upgrade for the Ibanez which gets rid and f the buzz but Iā€™m sorry I canā€™t remember the make at the moment

I canā€™t believe I didnā€™t include that little fact in there too. Iā€™ve looked at heaps of Cort factory Fendersā€¦

2 Likes

The sustain is indeed incredible

1 Like

Yep, Indonesiaā€™s probably making the best basses in the world for the price. Ibanez midrange production models, Yamaha midrange production models, Cort, Squier, etc. All fantastic instruments in the sub-$1k range. Usually much less than $1k.

3 Likes

@joergkutter it is a pretty tight spacing but very easy to play especially if your chording above the 12th fret playing extended chords

4 Likes

Well, OK, I can see thatā€¦ now, I just need to learn how to play chords :smile: That is where I envy you guitar players; that is where you really can apply a lot of your previous know-how!

4 Likes

@joergkutter I can see that being an advantage. To be honest learning scales has helped tremendously. Putting together tritones etc. if you learn the Nashville number system it was a big help as well being able to see the root 3rd 5th 7th etc allowed me to build chord shapes just knowing the root then say flat 7 and so on it is so hard to type this all out on my phone and make sense I am sorry for the confusion lol

4 Likes

Yes, I can often arppegiate chords, but strumming chords is tough as my fingers turn into a pretzelā€¦ and then especially going from one chord to another with any decent speed - that is really hard!

No problem - I canā€™t do this on a phone either :grin:

5 Likes

Last chance for the pig before it goes on the BBQ. It will require some surgery to fit these guys so I hope itā€™s worth the effort. Yamaha, if youā€™re listeningā€¦You still owe me!!!

7 Likes

Is there an update on the pig??

Iā€™m hoping you took pictures of the surgery.

6 Likes