Anyone else tried/using Yousician?

I took advantage of the free trial and really enjoyed it. So much so that I purchased a year’s membership.

I’ve never had any interest in video games unless you count Pong back in the 70s. I think Yousician must be like a video game because it’s both fun and challenging at the same time. I’ve only had it for a couple of weeks but it is really helping me to find the notes without looking at the fretboard.

Give it a try for a week for free and see if it’s something you also want keep.

7 Likes

I am considering it for getting back into piano (been years) and it seems to be much better than Simply Piano for features and songs…now if i can just find the time…

4 Likes

I use Yousician every night and I’ve just bought my second years subscription.
Great fun

5 Likes

Hey @NipperDog and @Mac are you, or have you, done the B2B course?

3 Likes

Yes @Celticstar .
Did the coarse way back in May 2020

3 Likes

Fantastic.

What is Yousician giving you that enhances what you learned in the B2B course?

3 Likes

I’ve been using it since September or so? I’m working on level 9 right now (and it’s pretty tough), I think i have about 65 hours into bass right now.

I love it for just getting in lots of time playing, especially in the evenings when i just want to sit down and play for a while. Lately i’ve been mostly playing christmas songs and some jazz, a lot of the Yousician original songs are really good too. To me, it’s like going to the gym to run on the treadmill, my main goal is to be able to play the whole fingerboard without looking much at it and i’m up to about the 12th fret. It’s also really improved my efficiency in playing and how i use my fingers.

I’m working on other stuff too but sometimes i just don’t have the time or energy to think about what i need to work on so sitting down for 20-30 min to play on yousician is enjoyable and gets me playing when i might not have bothered otherwise.

3 Likes

I don’t know if it really gives me a lot more than an enjoyable practice platform.
I would definitely not be able to play along at the level I am without doing the B2B lessons.
The basics I learnt from B2B were a really rock solid foundation and something I would like to elaborate on if a second coarse ever materialises.
Thinking about it a bit more I picked the Yousician bug up when I finished the B2B coarse and felt totally lost

6 Likes

Do you ever jam with other musicians?

2 Likes

You and me both :joy:

I also need to find the space to set up my keyboard too, but one can only work on so much at once :slight_smile: i can do about 3 things and then something starts to suffer after that.

3 Likes

Due to the lockdowns we’ve had here and a few psychological issues (:flushed:) I’ve not gone down this path.

3 Likes

13 Likes

That pretty much captures my philosophy completely. :grin:

2 Likes

Bass, sax, dog.
I’m good.

5 Likes

That sums it up beautifully :joy:

2 Likes

Check out this thread as well:

4 Likes

I hear you and understand. It’s a bitch and virtual jams just aren’t the same but right now there’s not much choice, especially with winter coming on.

I guess I should have asked if you have ever jammed with other musicians.
Sorry about that. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for the information.

1 Like

Many moons ago @Celticstar I was rhythm guitar in a garage band knocking a bit of AC/DC, Status Quo , Rush type stuff out.
Great times but a lack of support and the discovery of fast girls and faster motorcycles killed it off eventually

3 Likes

@Mac Sounds familiar to me. :slightly_smiling_face:

I only asked because a lot of people do not realize how much fun it is to play with others.
Garage bands are one thing, Jam sessions in general are different. IMHO

The usual reasoning beginners just play by themselves is that they do not feel they are good enough to join in. To them I would say just go and sit in and see what the jam session(s) are about, it is surprising how much information you can pick up. Of course with the current COVID crap this is not really a viable option.

I gave up on bands years ago because I got tired of the politics and egos, usually from the lead guitarist or singer :rofl:

4 Likes