BadAss BassBuzz Alumni

This replaced the book a while back.

5 Likes

Yes that’s the one. I also purchased the online course and received that book in the mail along with my B2B workbook.

4 Likes

Looks like I was part of the last ones that still got the book :grin:

4 Likes

No, I got the online version of the course, and I got the book. But since then, they converted the book to an online book for B2B to use instead of the hard copy

If you got it from amazon, unless you want the hard copy, you could send it back for a refund. Search the forum for “50 songs”. And you should find the thread to the link

4 Likes

Yeah the forum thread with the YouTube videos has been open in another tab for a while now, but it’s so much information, I can’t get myself to watch all those videos now… For the time being I’m just enjoying playing bass and learning the songs and not having a daily schedule. ButI know they’re a gold mine, so I’ll definitely go over them soon(ish).

And I think I already know the answer to the “are you an intermediate bass player” question. :smiley:

7 Likes

Here it is

10 Likes

Well, it’s a quest for perfection. Some are closer to it though :laughing:

7 Likes

Congratulations @akos!

5 Likes

Congratulations @Krescht!

5 Likes

… and the online “50 Songs” includes the musical notation in addition to the tab, thanks to @JoshFossgreen.

7 Likes

august 2020 first time through. plan on running through entire course again. only thing I skipped first time were the slapping modules. i will give it another go second time around.

6 Likes

Don’t put too much pressure on yourself. You can still be a badass without slapping. Some of the baddest of badass bass players I’ve seen never slap.

6 Likes

Hey @Krescht, Chris,
I got the hard copy book as well👍
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

@akos @Krescht @nblucas Congratulations to all three of you!

I don’t think @JoshFossgreen ever came out and said why he went digital with the 50 first songs. I believe part of it was for people outside of the US who sign up. As some people had reported large extra charges when he would try to send the book to them. Also, since he made it digital, he was able to include extra features and replace some of the songs where he felt the difficulty was out of proportion compared to the others.

If you received a book after 21 April 2020 then he was probably just sending out any remaining copies he had.

Here is the direct link to the… 50 First Songs Pack

And here is the discussion page… 50 Songs for B2B - Upgraded and Digital 🤖

Also, I’ve added both of these links here… BassBuzz YouTube Video Guide

If you do have the book, the two resources work well together.

9 Likes

Yes indeed! In particular he included the music notation which is missing from that book.

3 Likes

How many of you went back through the course for another round? Was it beneficial? I just started it again recently and decided to focus on reading the music as I play instead of the tabs. Since it’s all review I’ve been also practicing new songs from the 50 first songs book and checking out other lessons on youtube from Josh and talkingbass.

Basically trying to kill time as we wait for the intermediate course to come out lol

5 Likes

Just about halfway through for the second time @BrySquire :+1:
Also did it for the music theory but I’m enjoying a more leisurely pace through it this time around.

2 Likes

I’ve done it in bits and pieces, and yes it’s better the second time around; and a BIG yes it’s better reading the music than playing by tab. Trying to play by tab is a hindrance IMO. It’s so much more efficient to just look at the notes and let your fingers do the playing rather than looking at tab and thinking about which string and which fret to play.
Of course the Sight Reading course helped.

6 Likes

Completely agree. First time I was trying to stick to the 3 month plan and now it doesn’t really matter when I finish it :metal:

6 Likes

Great to hear that! And I agree on reading the music over tabs. It’s easy to understand but takes practice to do it smoothly. I think his course will be a great platform to put it into practice.

5 Likes