BadAss BassBuzz Alumni

I started on the 12th of July and graduated on the 16th of August. (Initially wanted to do the 3 month schedule, but I was having too much fun and couldn’t stop.) I still can’t play “My Sharona” and “Higher and Higher” well enough on fast, and the slapping module was a bit of a train wreck, but other than that I’m pretty happy with the results.

Now I’m learning the easy songs from the course extras and doing various finger exercises. I’ve also bought a book called “First 50 songs you should play on bass” on Amazon. I think I’m set for the rest of the year, maybe next year as well. Hope I’m going to be ready for the badass to whatever course by the time Mr. Joshua Fossgreen publishes it!

7 Likes

Um… Josh USED TO include that book with the B2B course. I guess he no longer does?
I’ve never used it. As soon as I saw it was tab only (no music notation) I tossed it onto a shelf in my office closet where it is currently buried.

Congrats on finishing the B2B course!

3 Likes

Well, I started out at the beginning of April and finished more or less on the 3 month schedule in July. There still is some work to do as I didn’t complete super badass yet :grimacing:

Right now, my main issues I have to tackle are muting, increasing speed while at the same time searching for the sound I like the most :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Sounds about right. Good news is the lessons never go away, take some time away from the lessons then revisit them in a few weeks or months. Congrats on finishing!

Now onto all of Josh’s YouTube videos if you haven’t done all those yet. If you just finished the course I’d recommend checking out the “Are you an intermediate bass player checklist” one. It is a good assessment of your strengths and weaknesses and will show you what to focus on now that you can’t just hit play on the next lesson and have Josh teach you what comes next.

4 Likes

Not sure if the book is still included, I got mine for sure. There is a special section in the extras with the first 50 songs using Noteflight for the notes and tab :wink:

6 Likes

I bet if you ask most professional bass players what they need to work on they would give the same answer! :laughing:

5 Likes

You mean this one? I purchased the online-only version of the course, so I wouldn’t have received it anyway.

4 Likes

This replaced the book a while back.

5 Likes

Yes that’s the one. I also purchased the online course and received that book in the mail along with my B2B workbook.

4 Likes

Looks like I was part of the last ones that still got the book :grin:

4 Likes

No, I got the online version of the course, and I got the book. But since then, they converted the book to an online book for B2B to use instead of the hard copy

If you got it from amazon, unless you want the hard copy, you could send it back for a refund. Search the forum for “50 songs”. And you should find the thread to the link

4 Likes

Yeah the forum thread with the YouTube videos has been open in another tab for a while now, but it’s so much information, I can’t get myself to watch all those videos now… For the time being I’m just enjoying playing bass and learning the songs and not having a daily schedule. ButI know they’re a gold mine, so I’ll definitely go over them soon(ish).

And I think I already know the answer to the “are you an intermediate bass player” question. :smiley:

7 Likes

Here it is

10 Likes

Well, it’s a quest for perfection. Some are closer to it though :laughing:

7 Likes

Congratulations @akos!

5 Likes

Congratulations @Krescht!

5 Likes

… and the online “50 Songs” includes the musical notation in addition to the tab, thanks to @JoshFossgreen.

7 Likes

august 2020 first time through. plan on running through entire course again. only thing I skipped first time were the slapping modules. i will give it another go second time around.

6 Likes

Don’t put too much pressure on yourself. You can still be a badass without slapping. Some of the baddest of badass bass players I’ve seen never slap.

6 Likes

Hey @Krescht, Chris,
I got the hard copy book as well👍
Cheers Brian

4 Likes