Congratulations @Iamapinepig

4 Likes

Congrats @Iamapinepig!

Right there with ya…

5 Likes

Congratulations @Iamapinepig,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Hey everyone, got through this course in about 5 weeks and only saw this thread now. I’m not sure of the exact date I finished, but I’m going to go ahead and say 1/1/2021.
I did check out the slap module, but wasn’t feeling it, so I skipped it, but I now have a different bass that has been properly set up so I might go back and give it another go, because I do think it sounds cool, even tho I don’t play the kind of music that uses slap. I just like saying Slappa da bass hahhaa.

10 Likes

Congrats @Retta75

6 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Congratulations @Retta75!

6 Likes

Congrats.
Its Official, you are now ONE BAD MOFO

You know what this means, don’t you??

it means, and this is very important.
It mean, now
that the very next time you are getting robbed in a cafe over breakfast, and the perps tell you to empty your pockets into their bag, and then sits down at your table, of all tables, because you, of all people have your bosses personal property, a briefcase, sitting on the table, causing them to take more interest in you above everyone else.
But
And this is a HUGE BUT…
you remain calm and cool like Arthur Fonzerelli, A.K.A “The Fonze”…
And…
after you convince they they don’t want any part of the briefcase, and if they want to walk out of here alive, they are are gonna need to be cool like…“The Fonze”.
And,
as long as they take everything but the briefcase and leave.
Things are gonna be fine, and nobody will get hurt, and they will have a good little score with the wallets and the cash register.

They of course agree, knowing the only way out alive is to listen to another BadAss alumni, and do as he tells them.
But
before they can go, they need to give you back your wallet from within the bag they had you put it in.
Agreeably, he says, sure, which one is yours…-----Now, and only now, after becoming a bad ass after completing B2B you can say the following line, happily, with all the confidence in the world…

"The one that says Bad Motherf@C%Ker on it"

Congrats. to your new found bad assery.

9 Likes

One of my faves, @T_dub…
Congrats @Retta75!

5 Likes

My favorite part about that scene was when Jules’ wallet actually DID say that on it. because of course it did.

7 Likes

Of course, one of my favorite movies, and favorite scenes.

But, hands down, my absolutely favorite scene from any Tarantino movie, well, it is in my top 10 best scenes ever, if not top 5, and possibly top 3, even maybe top 2, or even just the best scene in any movie ever.

for suspense, comedy, dramatic cinema, this 7-9 minute scene had it all, , the content, the dialogue, the acting, and two power house actors facing off, one on one.

True Romance
When Christopher Walken, representing Detroit city crime boss, Blue Lou Boyle, is waiting in Dennis Walker’s trailer with 5-6 of his fresh off the boat, Sicilian mobsters, and starts asking the whereabouts of his Son, Clarence, “Fuck Head” and his “Bitch Whore of a girlfriend, Alabama”

What happens in the rest of that scene, if you have never seen it, it is well worth the watch. Just watching the clip is exciting enough, however for you to think it is as highly rated of a scene, all time, you probably need to see the whole movie to understand all the content.

Another classic Clip, with powerhouse Gary Oldman, (who played my honorary bass idol in his first role, not that he was a great bass player, matter a fact, I am probably better then him now, and I am a few months out of practice, but whatever) as the scumbag drug dealer “Drexel”
Who Christian slater (Clearance Worley) has to ask Patricia Arquette (Alabama Worley), “What is a Drexel”
Great scene too, maybe not top 10 best every, but a great scene none the less.

BTW, this is my favorite Tarantino movie by far, even though, since he did not direct it, he won’t call it his first file. Guess What Tarantino, it was your first film, get over it, it was pretty damn great, just cuz you can’t take 100% credit for all parts involved, it was still your first movie. LOL

Brad Pitt small cameo as stoner roommate, Floyd was pretty classic as well.

5 Likes

Another great one, and that “Sicilian history” scene is absolutely a classic…

3 Likes

Congratulations @Retta75👍
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Completely forgot about this thread until now!

Started on 19th August and finished on 28th December 2020.
Always considered myself a slow leaner and thought it would take me a lot longer to get through, but damn am I chuffed with it! Best decision ever.

Since finishing I’ve managed to learn a couple of songs in full and play at 75% speed (Muse - Starlight, The Animals - House Of The Rising Sun). That was when the feeling of achievement really hit me :smiley:

I’m probably going to do a 2nd run through the course to try and refine my techniques as much as is possible online; when social distancing eases I plan to finally get some in-person lessons!
(oh, and probably reattempt the slap module at some point… :eyes:)

10 Likes

Congrats on finishing the course, @renouf ! . . . :slight_smile: . . . :+1:

Lots of us go back through the course later on.

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

Congratulations @renouf!

4 Likes

Ohh cool! Chris Wolstenholme basslines usually are not easy. Well done.

6 Likes

Congratulations @renouf,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

I love that movie, and especially that scene!

4 Likes