BadAss BassBuzz Alumni

Dought! Yep. My bad. :rofl:

3 Likes

Iā€™m going for the ā€œMost People Who Have Graduated Ahead of Him Despite Starting Afterā€.

Iā€™m like the kid that got kept back a year - although at 51 Iā€™m more like Peter Griffin going back to finish school.

3 Likes

Reviving this for any new graduates. Welcome.

4 Likes

Graduated 2 May 2020.

6 Likes

congrats!

3 Likes

That makes @JerryP our earliest known graduate.

I didnā€™t know BassBuzz had been around that long. Does anyone known when it started?

4 Likes

ā€¦ huh?

OK, now Iā€™m flabbersomethinged.

5 Likes

Do you mean our latest known graduate?

5 Likes

Iā€™m sure that was what @eric.kiser meant, @JerryP and @peterhuppertz . . . :slight_smile:

Just a typo.

Cheers, Joe

5 Likes

I think that, if he had meant that, he wouldnā€™t have followed it up with

Thatā€™s what threw me in a loop. from which I have not recovered yet.

5 Likes

@eric.kiser did you mean this year?

4 Likes

@peterhuppertz Between that, the dying giraffe, and #39 on the Zoom, youā€™ve been through hell!.

5 Likes

:rofl:
I keep making such weird mistakes in this thread.

Yes, what I said made no sense at all.

In this thread, Small musical revelations everyday, @cajarmj61 said he had completed the course 5 years ago and I invited him to post here.

Then @JerryP posted on this thread and it happened so fast I thought it was @cajarmj61.

I got so excited about him posting so quickly, I ended up reading what was in my head rather than what was written. Ugh.

@JerryP You are indeed, our latest graduate. Congratulation and well done!

Andā€¦
@ctthayer is still our earliest reported graduate from December 2017.

Thanks, All.

7 Likes

Maybe Iā€™m the earliest reported in this thread but @cajarmj61 definitely completed it before I did, if he said five years ago. There have to be plenty more that did it before me.

5 Likes

Oh, Iā€™m sure. Iā€™m just going by who has reported here.

This thread serves two purposes.

1. There was no centralized place for people to announce their completion of the course and I thought we needed one so it didnā€™t keep getting buried in various threads across the forum.
  2. I thought it would be fun to see how far back we can find people.
6 Likes

After having been laid off earlier this year, all of that was a walk in the park, so Iā€™m OK. But thanks for worrying. :wink:

5 Likes

Ok, looking back, I graduated and became an Alumni
19 days ago on April 21st, 2020
Meaning I started
26 days ago on April 14, 2020

So weird, It feels like Itā€™s been so much longer back then that.

I have been going back thru the course, back to the beginning and thru every single lesson and workout again with my daughter. We are at the end of Module two.

5 Likes

I started March 15, 2020 and I finished on April 13. Now Iā€™m obsessed with playing music again thanks to this class :smiley: , and talking all things bass with the BassBuzz community!

6 Likes

You got through it fast! Congratulations!

5 Likes

Thanks @PamPurrs, I played bass before, but I didnā€™t have a solid foundation, and I previously played guitar for over 15 years. Now Iā€™m solidly intermediate, and still progressing every day with my metronome or backing track in hand, learning new songs.

5 Likes