Bargains: Heads up thread

Well, cyber whatever day it is got me.
For $79, a ‘stupid deal of the day’ at Musicians Friend, how can you go wrong?
Gets good reviews.
Does this count as a guitar?

4 Likes

Now that is one hell of an impulse buy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve been staring at them when I see them in music stores around. The new Gretsch ones are very cool (and $500). But at $79 sale price, what the hell. Could be fun. I already have the slides.
Reviews say just change the strings (~$8-12) and good to go.
Alls I’ve gotta do is learn how to play it :roll_eyes:
… and figure out what tuning it should be set for (apparently there’s 3 and the strings are different for each). Ugh.

4 Likes

Hope you got a red one, just 'cause it’s a nice color. :grin:

1 Like

Black. Red wasn’t $79.

1 Like

Looks like the blue and red are now on sale for $99, and the black is back to the full price. Nice that you got a good deal!

1 Like

Line6 have a promo on Helix Native until Dec 5th.
$49.99 for registered owners HX stomp etc…

1 Like

welp, my $230 very good deal Paranormal Jazz showed up today… with a big dinger. ProAudio gave me a shipping label and will of course replace it (or knock $50 off for me to keep it) but a bummer nonetheless.

4 Likes

Damn, that sucks. Well, you can at least plug it in for a spin before returning it.

2 Likes

I often wonder how many of these “deals” are just offloading B-stock and they figure most people will just accept it.

1 Like

I got a 50s P from Pro Audio Star and it was fine. You can get many Squier basses direct from Fender for 40-50% off right. They’re cheap because Fender is deeply discounting

3 Likes

I’ve actually considered buying and selling a Helix just to get the discount on Native :rofl:

1 Like

What videos?

@grampbass for this, we have the User Video Index section. You can find @PamPurrs 's videos here:

1 Like

Im pretty sure i saw that they’re offering native bundled free with the stomp for the next few months. So you wouldn’t even need to buy the plugin.

1 Like

Bargains are always good things. Maybe post the price?

Oh cool, a POD Go. Hate to be a wet blanket though, but $400 isn’t a bargain, at least here. They go for $350 on the high side of used. Not sure about the US though.

Case will add to that though for sure. Not sure how to best price that.

It’s currently selling for $499 on sale at Amazon in the US, so 400 bucks is a deal here.

1 Like

Cool. Yeah, Line6 products are generally cheaper here. Not sure why - yes Yamaha owns them, but they are still made in the US I think?

1 Like

FYI: The TalkingBass.com Black Friday sale ends today, Sunday, December 4th. Great discount on courses.