Bass guitar straps

The split-strap is pretty good. Not as awesome as the 4.5 inch but a good, much cheaper when the 4.5 inch is not on sale, alternative

1 Like

This is great for keeping your bass/guitar player on a leash! It looks like the strap I use for walking the dog :joy:

5 Likes

At least the bass won’t wander off during a stroll through the park. :guide_dog::man_walking: :deciduous_tree:

3 Likes

Mike have you heard any reviews of this yet with my neck screws and rods it would be ideal if you still have control of the bass

2 Likes

I haven’t. But it seems like it would be a good alternative.

1 Like

Now I know what to ask for for Christmas!

If it allows you to play pain free then it is a good thing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Only helpful if you have a big enough shoulder to accommodate 4.5”. Anyone know a good strap for a smaller person? I feel like tried and failed a lot of straps and still have pain in my shoulder blade

1 Like

Maybe something like this? :slight_smile:

It is Australian-made, if I remember correctly…

3 Likes

:joy: :rofl: I’ll start working on it right now!

2 Likes

The Levy’s Comfort Series 3.25" Neoprene Strap has always felt most comfortable for me. I use these or a similar version made by Neotech on a couple of my heavier guitars as well. They cushion well and the give to them acts a bit like a shock absorber to relieve some weight.

4 Likes

Check out Gruv Gear.

I have a Recoil and it’s very comfortable, even with a heavy Lakland or Warwick.

2 Likes

I e tried dozens of straps and I always say wider isn’t necessarily better. In a big guy with very small shoulder area. Wide straps cut into my neck.

Materials and they way the strap is made means more for comfort to me.

Hangover straps are by far the most comfortable I have.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have the Neotech mega strap and love its comfort but make sure you get the sizing right.

[navigating their website sucks though]

2 Likes

Ernie Ball makes a great strap that is padded and already set up for strap locks. It can be moved back and forth with ease. It is padded neoprene. Great strap. If I had discovered these, they would probably be all I would have. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EBPLWStrap--ernie-ball-polylock-guitar-strap-wide

1 Like

A dear friend generously gifted me a tremendous strap, better than even my Levy’s 4.5”.

It’s a handmade garment leather and suede Pinegrove BS66. It’s just under 4 inches-wide, heavily padded and has rolled suede edges so it never digs into the side of my neck.

I felt a game-changing difference as it made my heaviest bass feel comfortable on my shoulder. This puppy rocks!

2 Likes

I finally sold my GruvGear; I stopped using it once I got my Comfort Strapp Pro Bass.

bassStraps

https://comfortstrapp.com

Big, 3.5" wide and nicely thick neoprene pad under a non-stretching fabric strap. Made by a sole proprietor in Atascadero (up near SLO, north of LA.)

6 Likes

Sounds comfortable! I use my 3.5" neoprene KLIQ for practice (it does stretch)… Very comfortable but I do love my padded leather 4" Walker & Williams when I’m playing with the band or doing a recording… Looking forward to your review…

1 Like

Basically the review would be it’s the best strap I have ever used, I stopped using all others after getting it. Super comfy and doesn’t slip like the GruvGear; it’s grippier on the shoulder. Can even fight slight neck dive. All in all a great strap. Well made, great quality. Very durable, almost feels military issue in (good) ways, and would if the connecting brackets were metal and not (durable) hard plastic.

2 Likes

A “MIL Spec” Bass Strap!!.. I’m in!!!

1 Like