BassBuzz Meetups

Very cool, man! So glad you and Jesse hooked up. It’s good all around. :+1:

4 Likes

I heard that! Beautiful, beautiful gifts to the world.

4 Likes

Meh…

4 Likes

Dayum… some nice hardware all around! But… it looks like you need stuff on the walls also :wink: Something classy for sure, perhaps a cool Jaco print!?!

6 Likes

Accurate read from a small snapshot. I have yet to find anything to hang on a wall (and I love art). #minimalist

5 Likes

This surely? :heart:

7 Likes

IMG_1167
“Kick Barney in the n*ts” (reminder for future Bassbuzz Meetups)

10 Likes

Can you do it while wearing oversized headphones? :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

playing jazz :wink:

5 Likes

I’m with you, man. I don’t have a thing on my walls in my music room. Lots of instruments all around, though, which are the only art pieces I care about.

5 Likes

Rooms change, furniture disappears. I’m lucky my wife has let me take over this room.

9 Likes

I very much miss my music room and having to put everything away every time I play got old a long time ago. Hall closet is full. Under the master bed is full. Cases standing at the foot of the bed. Pedalboards everywhere in case or bag. I’ve actually contemplated getting a temperature controlled storage unit, making a master inventory and just rotating things every couple weeks. The cost may justify the household peace and organization.

5 Likes

This is actually a problem for me. I have bare walls and a large glass panel right behind me. It’s the worst possible environment for room dynamics for audio… lots of loud and dead spots from reflected and reinforcing/interfering sound waves all over the room. It’s terrible, makes me want to hang blankets or something.

5 Likes

Acoustic panels on the wall, maybe?

They would go a long way to damp the acoustics, plus make your space look pretty badass pro.

6 Likes

Yeah I need something like that. The real problem is the glass behind me though. It’s better if I open the cabinet doors so at least there’s a workaround there.

4 Likes

I’ve worked in recording studios that used heavy drapes when the glass to the engineer was possibly causing too much bounce. And, of course, drapes/curtains are retractable when you want daylight or just wanna look outside.

5 Likes

Back in my college days I and my then-wife rented a sprawling old house with my best friend and his girlfriend. There had been another couple also in on the deal, but we took over their bedroom and set it up as our rehearsal room when they moved out.

The acoustics were live AF. So being the young bohemian musicians we were, we scrounged a couple of old bed mattresses to cover the windows. We even went the extra mile and bought a military surplus parachute and secured it to the light fixture in the middle of the ceiling, then thumb-tacked it to the perimeter of the ceiling. In no time, our music room was deader than Fred. So we just turned our amps up until they still blew the hair off our neighbors’ heads, but, man, it sounded so good inside those four walls!

I had my antique upright piano in there, my tenor and alto saxes, and my two basses. Between my buddy and me, we owned almost as many guitars as @Al1885 has basses. We made a lotta noise.

7 Likes

The board looks great @booker_t !
I see you picked up the Aguilar Filter Twin and look forward to seeing what you think.

Congratulations on getting together. That’s pretty cool.

5 Likes

@eric.kiser That is a board filler (2nd choice) in case I don’t get the Proton when they are released this week. If I get the Proton I won’t have to tell you about the Twin (you’ll tell me).
Edit: The board is ALL Jesse. He showed up with a table, hard hat, protractor… well, he did have a table.

6 Likes

Oh hey! Wow! That’s a setup. Love to hear how the Yin & Yang sound out of that. SaWeet!

Wow, @Reasonably_Happy, Jesse man your beard is Epic!

4 Likes