BassBuzz YouTube Video Guide

I’m sure it’s to do with the pencil at the side of your name @eric.kiser but I reckon I’ve had my username modification privileges removed as I have no pencil :joy:

3 Likes

Might be a feature that was added or something at some point, I can’t change mine either.

Or maybe after a certain amount of time you are locked into who you are.

3 Likes

Don’t they say that’s about age 5?

7 Likes

There’s an interesting documentary series based on testing this premise. Aristotle said “Give me a child until he is 7 and I will show you the man.”

So they chose a bunch of random kids and filmed them at 7, then 14, then 21 etc. They’re up to 63 now.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058578/

3 Likes

Just wanted to confirm I don’t have the ability to change my name either.

@JoshFossgreen Some of us get the pencil icon and have the ability to change our name and some do not. Also @Mac, who once changed his name, no longer has the icon either. Is there a time limit on this or is there something else going on?

3 Likes

The Discourse forum software this forum is running on does indeed seem to have a time limit for user name changes… Most likely the “username change period” admin setting.

4 Likes

There was a time limit! Just bumped it to a new larger arbitrary number so y’all should be able to adjust as needed now.

7 Likes
5 Likes

Works for me!

5 Likes

Josh has to be the coolest admin on planet internet!
I feel like a kid on Christmas morning now.
Must….use….new…feature!

5 Likes

Cool! Thanks @JoshFossgreen !

4 Likes

No sir! This is nickname that was given to me by friends 30yrs. Ago .:blush:

4 Likes

Dang it! I got significantly behind on this thread. These are all the updates I’m aware of from the last update on May 24th.

General Maintenance
Moved Your First Beginner Bass Lesson (7 Simple Steps) from its own section to Lesson 1.

Originally, I thought this lesson was so well done it deserved its own section. Now, I was looking at how big this Guide has grown and was worried someone might miss it. I still think it’s The Best Beginner Bass Introduction Ever but it needed to be listed under Lesson 1.

Also, I moved the link for the Official BassBuzz Discord Server to the very end. It was a fine idea but hasn’t gained as much traction as expected. This way it’s right next to the link for the 50 Songs Challenge. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Additions
Added Flea Teaches His Stupidly Simple Slap Drill (For Insane Speed) to Module 13.

Added 10 Songs That Taught Me SLAP (Easy to Effin’ Hard) to Module 13.

I thought this needed a caption since it gets in to a level of playing that is beyond Beginner to BadAss. First, I went with, “Does the student dare to test themself against the Master?” but settled on, “A simple guide :rofl: to becoming a slap master.”

Added 5 String Basses Suck for Beginners (7 Reasons) to Bass Gear Reviews.

Added 7 Basses You Should NEVER Buy to Bass Gear Reviews

If anybody sees one I missed, please let me know so I can get it added.

9 Likes

I believe the term is called ‘Godderation’, but ya, there are a couple of guitar forums I no longer participate on due to this.

2 Likes

Added…

BassBuzz Live Streams with Josh Fossgreen

3 Likes

Added Bass Mistakes That Are SLOWING You Down to Module 3.

It’s good advice to have before getting into Module 4 and meeting Billie Jean.

4 Likes

Above content added.

2 Likes

I have finally found time to update the BassBuzz YouTube Video Guide.
As of today, it has references to all of Josh’s BassBuzz videos on YouTube.

Added to BassBuzz Live Streams with Josh Fossgreen.
Video #2 Contains Josh’s pedal reccomendations.
(To help people find the pedal video in the future.)

Added to Module 4.

Added to Module 6.

Added to After Begginer To BadAss category.

Renamed Player Profile Series to 7 Reasons Player Profile Series.

Added to 7 Reasons Player Profile Series category.

Moved to the 50 Fist Songs category.

13 Likes

Thanks for all your work on this, Eric.

4 Likes

Thank-you @eric.kiser this was just what I was looking for! I will use during a song that is like a ballet. It will add to the song but won’t take away from the vocal

4 Likes