GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 2)

Fripp is 78.

2 Likes

Oh, age not decade. Got it.

3 Likes

Picked up an Ibanez tubesreamer (bass version) today. Should get here this week.

3 Likes

classic!

4 Likes

Latest acquisitions, Boss Katana Go and Shure SM58 Special black edition :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

Got the tubescreamer in this afternoon. Wow. Itā€™s perfect, these should be issued with any P bass purchase. They bring that growl out like nothing else Iā€™ve tinkered with. I switched back to my BDDI from the Battalion. The EHX w/ the drive on was great for playing stuff like Idles, but I switched to playing Blur and the BDDI has such a nice tone with the tube dialed back. Guess this means one of my next buys is going to be the SGT-DI. Buying a real board and reverb pedal first.

3 Likes

Which TS-9 did you get?

3 Likes

I got the TS9B, the one specifically made for bass.

3 Likes

Cool

2 Likes

Decided to free myself of cables, certainly in the rehearsal environment, as I was getting brassed off with stepping on them!

Seem to work pretty well!

9 Likes

Good call on the 5.8 GHz. I cheaped out and went with the 2.4 GHz version, which is the same freq as the wireless units I have for IEM. I find that I can only reliably use one or the other of them at a time. Thatā€™s fine for playing through the amp, but defeats the purpose a bit if I want to practice with headphones.

3 Likes

Yes, I went for these as I thought there would be less interference, specifically with our guitaristā€¦

For, what is a pretty cheep solution, Iā€™m impressed! That said, Iā€™ve only used them in my home office to date. We have band practice next Monday evening, so that will be the first real testā€¦

2 Likes

After a long deliberation to make this the least GAS possible Iā€™m really happy to share that I got the Boss Katana 110 Bass and Iā€™m really happy with it. It has a ton of options I could rant on forever but the first thing I can say is that it sounds so much better than the old amp and my two basses sound better! It even made me think that some of the inexpensive basses I have had and sold would haveā€¦ but thatā€™s the past. The effects sound good to me and for my purpose and budget more than enough. I got a good deal on it, too. Thatā€™s all my gear. I just wanted to share!
Cheers!

17 Likes

Hi! I just wanted to share that I got the Katana 110B! Iā€™m really happy with it! So far Iā€™ve been becoming familiar with the ton of options (and itā€™s not hard) before creating my own ā€œsetsā€. The control over the computer is cool but turning knobs and pushing buttons is fun. Thank you again!

4 Likes

Congrats!

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Very nice. Congrats, @franx.

3 Likes

Donā€™t forget to sign up on Rolandā€™s site. They have a web page called Bose Tone Exchange where you can download different tones others have created. It is a good place to start to create your own tones. Congrats on your new purchase.

4 Likes

I will do that. Thank you!

3 Likes

I need some help. I canā€™t decide between buying a Holeyboard (pedalboard), and buying an SGT-DI. Sweetwaterā€™s got the SGT on sale atm, but Iā€™ve already got a Battalion and BDDI. I donā€™t have a pedalboard. Thatā€™s on sale too. The SGT is going to be a big upgrade, and actually affect my sound.

3 Likes