GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 2)

New toy to play with after work today.

14 Likes

I need a bigger deskā€¦ and more patch cables.

8 Likes

Itā€™s pedal day, I guess. I picked up this Boss RV-3 off of Reverb the other day and just got home with it (the seller was here in Denver). Iā€™ve only played around with it long enough to make sure all the knobs do things.

7 Likes

And so it beginsā€¦ā€¦.!

5 Likes

it has indeed :slight_smile: Whatā€¦ Iā€™m not quite sure but its definitely happening :slight_smile:

5 Likes

:upside_down_face: Tuner, then compressor, then do a ton of research on which preamp has the sound youā€™re after. Donā€™t compromise and spend less or youā€™ll end up buying 2 or 3 of things before you end up with the one you originally wanted but compromised on. Iā€™ve got a drawer full of pedals so far because I compromised at first.

3 Likes

I got a korg chromatic inline tuner, you can see that just above the scarlett solo. Or is there a difference in pedal tuners?

I think Iā€™m seeing the joys of thoseā€¦

lol, so just go straight for the darkglass huh?

3 Likes

Well yes. I love my Peterson Stobe tuners. Iā€™ve tried many different ones until Peterson, Iā€™ve not changed the brand since.

5 Likes

Solid choice if that is the sound you want

3 Likes

If thatā€™s THE one. Absolutely. Iā€™m an Ampeg fella myself, and after not dropping the coin for an Ampeg twice I just got one and :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I hate Darkglass, with passion. Spend your money somewhere else.

2 Likes

Is that just based on your bad experience with the Element? My Microtubes X was awesome.

2 Likes

100% Iā€™m sure they make good stuff. I just hate them. There are other companies for me.

Iā€™m very easy going, understanding and forgiving person, once Iā€™m pushed pass that threshold, I flipped and I hold grudge. :rofl:

4 Likes

I think the Element was simply a bad design, lots of people had issues.

1 Like

You wont like @Al1885 when heā€™s angry!

7 Likes

I initially bought a Zoom B1four, then started buying separate pedals (I have a tuner, a compressor, a chorus and a delay - all lovely pedals) then I met my bandā€™s guitarist who has a Neural DSP Quad Cortex.

WOW!! That thing rocks, but the price is eye watering (Ā£1,500 in the UK) and I simply canā€™t justify that kind of expenditure. So I bought a second hand Hotone Ampero One. A fraction of the price, but quite a lot of the functionality. Basically, all the pedals you think you need are emulated in it and you can set up specific patches - got a clean and a dirty I like - but Iā€™ve also got patches for specific songs. Itā€™s fantastic. It also works as an interface (making my Scarlett Solo redundant).

I really need to sell the separates now, itā€™s just finding the time!!

6 Likes

Iā€™ve got a Zoom also and I like the idea of the all in oneā€™s, especially for testing out different cab sims and overdrives and stuff. I made the decision that I just prefer the old school pile of stompboxā€™s slapped to a board of some kind. In the end Iā€™ll pay more than I would if I just bought a Nueral. I understand that. Itā€™s more of a sentimental decision going back to my wannabe Thurston Moore days.

4 Likes

If I were to play live again (aint gonna happen), Iā€™d just get a quad cortex and run both my bandmateā€™s guitar and my bass through it.

1 Like

@Morkai @faydout ooohh niceeā€¦ this part of the forum is sooo bad :rofl:
It makes the GAS almost acceptable ā€¦. Have not been near the rabbithole of pedals effects etcā€¦

2 Likes

Would that I could justify it to my wife and daughterā€¦ :wink:

3 Likes