GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

@Paul @MikeC ok, here’s my shiny trinkets I was referring to.

17 Likes

Nice!

5 Likes

We should start a new thread: SOG - Send Others Gear.
Whenever anyone feels they are cured of GAS, they should go to SOG and send me some of their gear. That will result in more stable GAS levels.

7 Likes

You could try the SAG thread! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Edit: for some reason when I try to copy/paste the link to the SAG thread it changes to the GAS thread lol

5 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes

It’s a vicious cycle.

But here goes:

4 Likes

No. SOG would be SEND others gear. “Selling” is a totally different thing. lol.

4 Likes

I am really gassing this:

5 Likes

Apparently the mini stills run the old software from the Ampero one. The Ampero II has the new software but bigger form factor

3 Likes

And bigger $ factor

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s just a bit silly that they didn’t used the new software in the mini (maybe they will update it, who knows). Personally I would go for the mini too! They are very cute

3 Likes

It is only available for pre-order here in the UK at the moment.
For the price ~£220, it is cheaper than many decent preamps.
I never had any multifx before. This one is the first that attracts me with its UI, touchscreen, price and form factor.

4 Likes

Another non bass object…

Before sax I played (and of course collected) trumpets. I only kept one from those days, a Conn 40B Vocabell, silver plated and art deco to the nines.

For about 15 years I’ve searched for other Conn horns with the same engraving and finally nabbed its 44H trombone sister. I played a tiny bit way back but bought it more for collection Vs playing. Needs a polish but the engraving is crisp and out of site.

The matching trumpet…

21 Likes

Very nice! I’ve always wanted a Trombone.

3 Likes

I need to grab a mouthpiece and dabble a bit.

5 Likes

A. Very nice.
B. This is now my first thought every time I see a trombone.

11 Likes

That looks so fantastic @John_E I’d love to play an instrument like that. I’m sure it’s a fingerprints magnet, lol.

3 Likes

I love Shell Pink. A mustang in it

So far the resistance is good. Just wishing for it at this point.

Really loving playing a short scale. More comfortable than I imagined it would be

11 Likes

He could wear little white gloves when playing

5 Likes

5 Likes