Guitar course similar to B2B?

I love the format of B2B and I feel like I’m really making progress on the bass. I’ve tried to learn the guitar for 25 years and never really clicked with it. Recently I tried Fender Play and Justin Guitar but didn’t really click with those, either. Can anyone recommend a guitar course that is like B2B in terms of linear lesson content (ie the 12 week pacing, short but compelling lessons that get you playing along with music quickly etc.).

If not, can we persuade Josh to create one?

3 Likes

Hi @dave9
Great to have you here.

There are several discussions on this topic already. Try to use the search function before starting a new thread, keeps things tidy.

That said lots reco Justin Guitar as the closest thing to Josh.

3 Likes

Look up Steve Stine. Thank me later.

7 Likes

Thanks @EddieJones Ive signed up for the 14 day free trial. Looks good so far.

3 Likes

Steve is so nice and personable. Just a great teacher. He is in a metal band Grimmstine. Just a great all around dude.

4 Likes

I concur!

4 Likes

Yeah, Justin Sandercoe is great.

3 Likes

His last name is not Guitar? :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Haha it might as well be.

3 Likes

As I said in my first post, I didn’t get along with the Justin Guitar lessons. I found his video style to be too verbose.

2 Likes

Ahh, sorry!

2 Likes

I’ve heard great things about martymusic. I only tried one lesson and my meaty stumps disagreed with the flimsy strings-but it was really well done, and he seemed quite knowledgeable

1 Like

@dave9 if you’ve seen any of Paul Davids fantastic YT content then he might be a good fit.

Here’s his channel

1 Like

If he found Justin to be too verbose, he’s going to hate Paul Davis.

1 Like

I disagree. His teaching stuff is to the point vs his chatty YT free content.

Also who could hate Paul Davids? The Dutch are the best.

2 Likes

Paul Davids is awesome, but he’s also a bit more advanced. Still, one of my favorite music youtubers.

The Learn, Practice, Play program is for complete beginners. He has more intermediate / advanced courses as well.

1 Like

Oh cool, I’d only seen his intermediate/advanced stuff. Good to know he has a beginner course. Yeah in that case I bet he would be a great teacher.

Hands down, if you like Rock and/or Metal, Doug Marks Metal Method is top-notch. Been around for ages and regularly updated as needed.
Justin is the best general guitar course, IMHO
Lauren Bateman is ok
creativeguitarstudio.com is pretty good
I Dont jive well with Steve Stine

1 Like

I bought “Learn, Practice, Play” but I am probably going to refund it.

There’s just a lot more there at Justin’s course, and the things Justin teaches are more of a practical nature. Stuff like his chord switching exercise are gold, and there’s really nothing like that at Paul’s site. Justin also has a lot more content in general; I did all of Paul’s first module in two days, and there’s only seven. And the part that I need to practice to really nail the first module to the point that it is second nature - well, Paul doesn’t really offer tools or advice to do so, whereas Justin does.

I really like Paul Davids’ content, he’s one of my favorite youtubers, and his beginner course is really well produced; but when you look at what you actually get with it versus Justin, there’s really no comparison. Then factor in that Justin’s course is free while Paul’s is $200… yeah I just talked myself into refunding I think.

That said, Justin could pick up a lot of Paul’s production quality. Paul’s video content is fantastically well done in that regard.