Help me decide!

3 Likes

You have to love Sweetwater. They gave me bonus bucks which I immediately used to order a guitar stand. They shipped it out as well. I should have both tomorrow.

1 Like

Well, FedEx has sent me an update delaying the delivery of my new bass. I hope to get it tomorrow instead of today. If you recall, when I got my Boss GT-1B, the Fedex driver threw my package along with about 400 more down a ravine instead of delivering them. It was on the news locally for a week or so. The driver said he just did not feel like delivering them. Sweetwater sent a replacement right out by a different delivery service. FedEx rating on reviews is about 2.08 out of 5. I can see why. Hopefully I will get it tomorrow with no issues.

2 Likes

Hope you see it tomorrow. I have one due in tomorrow as well. Already 3 days late

1 Like

I guess the really important question i see here is-is it the same driver? Did he just get written up and get a day off?

1 Like

Maybe he got a stern warning and a note in his (Wait for it…) PERMANENT RECORD?

2 Likes

My wife sent me a text and said it arrived. I cannot wait to get home from work now. I am going to use the Ibby to try and hone my slap technique and hopefully get some really good tones.

2 Likes

Sweet a.f. to wear the new bass face!

1 Like

Well, I got it. Aside from very minor bubbles in the finish, it is perfect. Was set up and in tune. The D’addario strings are the right string for it. My slap technique worked much better. The neck is so much easier to play than my jazz and it is super light and thin. I think I did good.

5 Likes

Yeah! I totally love the modern Ibanez and Yamaha necks. The SR line just feels great to me overall. And you can’t beat the weight.

3 Likes

The right contour of the neck makes such a difference, Soundgear (SR) is such a great line. With luck I will have my own Ibanez in a couple weeks and will join you in the Ibby club. Love to see a picture

2 Likes

These are pics of my exact bass that Sweetwater took

6 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Love the soundgear line. Such fine instruments for the price. I don’t think there is another comparable for the money. So clean, play so nice. Very forgiving.

Yahama’s TRBX and BB lines are equals to the SR’s (sometimes slightly better, sometimes slightly worse, depending on models) but overall it’s just minor quibbling between two outstanding brands of instruments really.

2 Likes

I definitely get this. I was really torn between trbx304 and es300. I’m quite sure they are equivalent. I’ve not played the Yamaha, but i sure do love the Ibanez stuff.

3 Likes

I’ve wanted a SR2400-APL for years. Never gonna get one as they never turn up used.

1 Like

It’s hard to want to give up a good rig.

1 Like

Yeah seems a common story with the SR Premiums.