Helping people figure out what to do with all those knobs.
My most basic process.
- Set amplifier EQ (bass, low mid, high mid, treble) to noon (50%)
- Turn off tone controls (bright, contour, vintage, etc.)
- Turn off effects (drive, compression, etc.)
- Dial in Bass
- Dial in amplifier
- Turn on tone controls as desired
- Turn on effects as desired
Some things to consider.
- We have lots of options for tone control. As @howard has said, it helps to think of them like this
- Bass controls are for manipulating the tone of your bass
- Pedals controls are for manipulating your effected sound
- Amp controls are for adjusting for the room
- If you’re having trouble dialing in your sound, try using headphones to get the base sound. Then unplug and fine tune from there.