If you had to pick one?

I’m actually not driven to have lots of basses. I just want a travel/drunk jam/i-don’t-care-if-this-gets-a-ding bass and a nice bass for when I want to sound my best.

Of course, I said I wouldn’t get a pedal and have three now, so who knows. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Cost keeps me from doing a lot of things. Luckily you can get some phenomenal good sounds on a budget!

3 Likes

That is a sweet bass @jgreenhow :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @Mac, I added the EMG Geezer Butler PJ pups and couldn’t be happier with it.

2 Likes

Good choice of pups @jgreenhow :+1:

1 Like

I don’t think I ever saw this topic.
Yeah, you know it, I do have a dream bass, but its not a given.
one would be the translucent orange EBMM Stingray, the one that is / was for sale on reverb right now (I just saw it was marked down to $1900, and somebody made an offer on it today), and even if it sold, I found out that there was a run of 12 of them, so it still may be possible some time.

Or this one, they both have such beautiful fretboards, I prefer the black hardware, but will live with this one. (the other one has the same fretboard, you just can’t tell from this picture. if you see the reverb picture, you can see it)

BUT
I would probably take the Washburn Dimebag Bass that he had made and gave to Beefcake of GWAR, that is for sale at Essex Recording Studio right now.

https://reverb.com/item/32906198-washburn-usa-custom-shop-dimebag-darrell-db2000-owned-by-dime-gifted-to-gwar-artist-signed-rare-bass

OR,

I might just choose another dream bass of mine if it really came down to one bass. A Carvin 4 string, neck thru, Koa Wood body, Maple neck with maple fretboard, a bridge humbucker (with 3 way switch) and neck P split coil, active/passive EQ with black hardware and oil finish, similar to how my LTD B4-E looks, but a little different.

Best picture I could fine of it without hunting thru phones and ipad or messages.

4 Likes

Yeah, it sold today.
Another one of the 12 will show up again, someday (if it really was only 12, but that is what the add for the one that just sold today said)

You can see the fretboard in this photo.

A50B5248-BB16-4C3F-BB55-D9FA8E3A26BA_4_5005_c

4 Likes

Oh man , they are beautiful basses @T_dub.
I must admit I have been looking at ESP’s very closely the past couple of weeks as well as Spectres and others.
I don’t need another bass but GAS is starting to get the better of me.

4 Likes

ESP makes great stuff. Very nice in their stores too.

3 Likes

Don’t think we have the ESP stores here.
But I have been perusing on eBay :joy:

2 Likes

Spectors or Schecters? You kind of spelled them both at once :wink:

Spectors are more Warwick like and many of the Schecters are kind of unique.

2 Likes

Ah it’s a shecter I’m particularly interested in lol but anything nice will do :joy:

3 Likes

I keep finding out about more of their brands and sub-lines too. So far, I am sure all of these are ESP:

ESP, ESP-LTD, Grassroots, Edwards, Navigator

and I am pretty sure Killer is too:

But not 100% sure, could be wrong. Still, $10k uber-quality metal axes definitely smell like ESP :slight_smile:

The problem is there are so many super high quality boutique makers here it’s hard to say - they could easily be independent too.

3 Likes

Idk about killer, but they do Lakland Japanese built.

1 Like

Yep looks that way:

Makes sense too, some good quality parallels there.

2 Likes

I’m looking at a 2009 dv4 for the right money

2 Likes

Nice. Looks much better than a Gibson while still having the same basic shape, and is no doubt way better made as well.

2 Likes

Not 2009, but here’s a 2008 one :sweat_smile:

And the same one (?) on Ebay :wink:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/284276891545?hash=item4230391f99:g:YDEAAOSwIMdgblik

3 Likes

The eBay one is the one I’m considering.
Watch this space :joy:

3 Likes

What is the right price?

1 Like