I'm buying a P Bass... WHAT COLOUR?

This is further convincing me that a mostly blackout body and maple neck, looks amazing.

3 Likes

It’s basically a Dingwall like that :fire:

3 Likes

Now THIS is beautiful! Love it, Josh.

5 Likes

Oh cool, you found one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A friend showed me that, had never heard of the builder before, and have never seen a bass that black…

5 Likes

I believe we have the same friend in common. :wink:

He’s just too humble to tout this baby on the forum.

Yet.

3 Likes

The only time I could ever go for an all black bass would be if it was 100% bling, lol. All sparkles. I am not into instruments being neutral, and this is why you should only buy things that you like the look of instead of asking anyone’s opinion.

Out of my guitars, I have one hot pink (hand painted by me; if you’re Australian think Fed Square Barbie), one coral pink, one purple with a gold pick guard and one bright orange with a racing stripe and hand painted nebula style pickguard. My fretless bass is a pretty boring sunburst that I’ll change one day, and my other bass is a seafoam green that compared to everything else looks very timid.

2 Likes

Whoever that builder is should be proud and brag about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was this way (and still am for gloss black). However, the matte black instruments with black hardware and trim just grab me for some reason. First is they are actually really dark grey, not black, and it’s just a cool color; I guess the other is they just look badass. I named mine “Captain BAMF”.

3 Likes

Just looked up Biarnel, they make some gorgeous instruments!

3 Likes

Biarnel are gorgeous Italian basses.

A stunning Biarnel example will grace the “Show Us Your Basses” thread some time this year.

Just sayin’.

5 Likes

Woah, that is an awesome looking bass.

1 Like

UPDATE

THANK YOU sincerely to everyone who chimed in and shared their opinions, and in some cases photos.

I’m VERY happy to share that I put in an order for my Players Precision Bass, direct from Fender (via the music store here).

I settled on a black body with a maple neck.

For those interested: I’m going to have it setup with Dunlop Standard Nickel Wound.

8 Likes

Beauty! :star_struck:

2 Likes

It’s a beauty way to go

Take off hoser…

1 Like

Reference?

I mean I am Canadian so I’ve definitely heard “hoser” before lol

In the 70s there was a sketch comedy troupe called Second City. Most of the original Saturday Night Live cast came through that troupe. When SNL became a hit Second City started a TV show of sketch comedy. Long story short, they were bought out by a Canadian company and the Canadian government demanded to add two minutes of Canadian culture to the show.

So Bob and Doug McKenzie were born, and the weekly sketch The Great White North. Here’s a clip with Geddy singing the theme song which is the reference you asked for.

2 Likes

SCTV!!

I had a feeling this might have been a reference to Bob and Doug!

1 Like

Beauty, eh?

3 Likes