Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @luke.e

7 Likes

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome :grin:

9 Likes

Welcome @luke.e !

7 Likes

welcome @luke.e ! I had joined B2B a couple weeks ago while I was waiting to finish the bass I just built and now that it’s done, I’ve started my lessons and LOVE them! @JoshFossgreen makes it easy to understand what to do

10 Likes

Building a bass sounds cool I’d like to see that , yeah I looked around at all the other courses / sites but really clicked with Josh’s style … so far so course loving the course and the community!

8 Likes

Welcome @luke.e

There’s a whole thread about it: Project Basses
And I documented the process of building one from the harley benton build kit, which is a good introduction to building basses IMO: Build Kit Documentation (Harley-Benton P-Bass)

6 Likes

Hi, my name is Garron and im 36 years old. Im from Kansas City Mo.

I am almost done with the Beginner to Badass course. Im having a blast playing Bass.

I fell in love with guitars/Basses when guitar hero came out and tried to learn guitar and stopped about 8 years ago. Recently I told myself I wasn’t done trying, did the research and figured out Bass was a perfect stylistic choice and musical choice for me and how I listen to and enjoy music.

My music taste is eclectic and depends on my mood, my first concert was Rockfest in Kansas City in 2003. Im a Marine Corps veteran and im a Hazmat Truck Driver by trade. I can’t wait to see where this new journey takes me.

18 Likes

Welcome to the community @garron.abernathy44 !

6 Likes

Thanks!

6 Likes

Welcome @garron.abernathy44

7 Likes

Welcome aboard @garron.abernathy44 ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

Thank you, im enjoying everytime i pick up my Bass even when its challenging

7 Likes

Glad you are here @garron.abernathy44

6 Likes

Welcome @garron.abernathy44 and thank you for your service.

7 Likes

Welcome @garron.abernathy44, that is a great statement, and will take you far. I can’t recall a time I picked up my bass and my mood soured, but I can think of times I picked up and my mood changed from sour to sweet.

9 Likes

Time for a proper introduction.

Hey all, I’m Albert from SoCal.

I’m a semi retired chef, fortunately my in law and his girlfriend really wants to run a restaurant so I gladly step aside and let them give it a go.

Now I run my daughter’s’ private school cafeteria and have all the excuses to spend more time with them. I have kids late in life, you know career first.

Now I just get involved in school functions and also spend my time playing and upgrading my basses. It keeps me busy and sane.

This is definitely a great place to hangout with like minded people. Thanks to @T_dub for the introduction.

19 Likes

I built it as a P-Bass with all new pieces, with the most expensive being the neck…everything else was $40 or less. The paint is 3 coats of black gloss with 3 coats of Turquoise Waters color changing paint and 3 coats of spray lacquer. The pickups are alnico and the strings are Ernie Ball Super Slinky’s.

15 Likes

Glad to see you in here @garron.abernathy44

7 Likes

Welcome!

7 Likes

Most certainly glad you are here Albert @Al1885.
I have learned a lot from you already, thanks for all the help and advice!

7 Likes