Welcome. That Strat turned out nice!

6 Likes

HUBBA HUBBA

8 Likes

Make sense, right? :smiley:

3 Likes

100% :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hey I am Chris from Chicago just picked up bass as my first instrument, and Josh has made it so fun I can’t put the thing down ! thanks for this course !

12 Likes

Glad you are here @creyop1987!

Enjoy the fun!

5 Likes

Welcome Chris from Chicago, Glad you are loving it so far, you are in for a great ride.

4 Likes

Welcome @creyop1987

4 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

Hey, thank you! You should be able to do it: with the tuners I’d be careful to try not to get paint stuck in the gears of the tuners, but if you want to paint that part as well, you can carefully hand paint it. I’ve painted guitar bridges before and it is do able, same for the control plates. Yes, I use the pouring method. I was also thinking about doing some pick guards. The tuners would be difficult to sand down, but its do able.

4 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @creyop1987,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome @creyop1987 from a fellow (ex) Chicagoan. Southside born and raised.

6 Likes

Yean, I was thinking more of just the clover part. Even masking the stem area, just to get the clover.
Somebody here did pour a pickguard for a Stingray, and it turned out AWESOME.
I wonder how durable it is. I think that paint, acrylic, correct? would be durable enough.
Somebody was telling me they paing their hardware, but use automotive spray paint, and a clear coat, and I can see it lasting OK on the hardware. the tuners would show wear after time, and the bridge could get scratched with string changes, but overall it would be OK.
I asked them if they ever did that on a pick guard, and they had not, but said it might work, however, I think it would come off way too easy, I am already wearing a spot on my newer custom pickguard (which is made from suprisinglly cheap materials, and sold for about 8-10x what you can get a standard black or white, or standard colors from China that are really good)
and if it were painted, I think it would already be spreading across the pick guard. With spray paint.

I do think that the acrylic paint used for pouring COULD be alot more durable on a pickguard. What do you think about that?
Thanks for the reply.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @creyop1987! Chris

7 Likes

Hi folks. Im in my Mid Thirties and startet Bass just a week ago. Ive dabbled in some other Instruments in the past. (Piano and Recorder both for about 2 years each) And now i decided: “i wanna learn bass” XD

14 Likes

Welcome @Fou_Lou!

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @Fou_Lou,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Glad you are here @Fou_Lou!

6 Likes

Welcome @Fou_Lou

5 Likes