Introduce Yourself! (2023)

Welcome in @Marjolein !!! It’s great to have you here. I’m glad you are enjoying your experience with the lessons so far. When you hit Module 4, don’t let Billie Jean get you down! it’s a real challenge for everyone and many have to come back to it later on. Keep on thumping and enjoy your stay here!

7 Likes

Welcome @Marjolein !

6 Likes

Welcome @Marjolein

6 Likes

Great to have you here @Marjolein

6 Likes

Hi @david.addis . Thanks for the welcome. It’s good to see I’m not the only Bass Buzzer around here!

Thanks @cheeze_pizza . I just have to figure out how to post pictures. :confused:

7 Likes

I’m going to link this post from @PamPurrs where she explained a bit of it. I hope that can help!

4 Likes

Well that’s easy! Thanks again @cheeze_pizza

5 Likes

Thanks @jene ! I’ll actually be in Atlanta the first week of March for a work convention. Unfortunately, I won’t have my bass or much time to do anything not work related. :frowning_face:

4 Likes

Hello y’all I’m Jessi I’m 34 always loved bass always begged my mom to put me in lessons but never did always the excuse it’s to expensive. But my husband bought me my first bass and now he can’t get me off of it. I’m from the state of Idaho. Born and raised.

14 Likes

Welcome to the group Jessi, glad you joined us.

7 Likes

Great to have you here @pinkBassgrl88 Jessi.
Spent a lot of time out in Idaho, it’s beautiful out there.

6 Likes

@pinkBassgrl88

Welcome, Jessi. Glad you’re here. Enjoy the lessons!

5 Likes

The Whitewater State! I go every spring for the boating. Best boating in the US :slight_smile:

10 Likes

You had more fun than me there.
I built dairies and drank heavily.

6 Likes

Welcome @Marjolein
Have fun!

7 Likes

Milk? :grin:

Welcome @pinkBassgrl88

8 Likes

Welcome @Marjolein !

6 Likes

Welcome @pinkBassgrl88 !

6 Likes

Hi, just bought the course today after watching a few of josh’s free vids over the last few weeks. I’m a 55 yr old disabled dude stuck at home, and needed something to focus on to help with depression after losing my family this summer. I managed to pick up a bass and amp for $50, from another veteran I met at the local dispensary a couple of months ago to distract myself and have something to focus on for the future.
Last time I owned a bass back in college I didn’t get to lessons before I had to sell it off to help pay rent. It was a giant all natural wood peavy that I still miss to this day.
The bass I have now says Abilene on it, and with the lack of internet search results I’m assuming this is a super generic knock off of something real. I’ll post a pic if it lets me as I would love to get feedback and see what you guys think of it.
I added some GLS cables from amazon along with a Kliq distortion pedal; gotta get loud and wild to get that adrenaline pumping! :smile:
Next piece I’m looking for is a used Fender rumble 100, hopefully around the price of a new rumble 40. The Tool sticker came preloaded at no extra cost. The bass was almost unused, and new enough there are still bits of the protective plastic ‘peel off layer’ around the knobs and thumb rest. So for the price and newish state, it sure feels like a good deal.
I plan to be a nuisance on here until I get to the badass jedi level of player, so I hope to get to know a bunch of you and find ways to share and interact on this journey. I have no skills yet, but I come preloaded with a bunch of creative ideas that I can’t wait to try out and hopefully find others of you on here, with ideas of collaborating on some covers or other fun gags .
(hopefully my kit picture uploads, so far it’s looking like a link with no image)
P.S. any shortcut nickname is fine, Lava, lem, dude, bro, whatever.

17 Likes

Welcome @LavaLemming ! That’s a fine rig to start with. I started with the 89 dollar no name Amazon model, myself. You’ll get gas soon enough. Please enjoy the course and keep us updated on your progress!

6 Likes