Introduce Yourself! (2023)

Great to have you here @Leila
Make it stick this time!

6 Likes

Hello Josh!
I just made the commitment to your lesson plan and I am excited to get started!

I’d really like you to know how impressed and inspired I am with you and your ability to convey information and with BassBuzz as a step by step guide to guitar heroics! :sunglasses:

I have a close friend that is a very skilled guitar player who has been prodding me to try my hand at bass for sometime now!
I’ve been lurking around the internet for a few weeks while pondering the idea of whether learning a new instrument was in my future or not?
I had not felt too compelled to try after I had watched several other online instructors efforts and formats of instruction…then through complete luck and a stroke of good fortune, I found a BassBuzz video on YouTube and I have been hooked ever since!

I made my first trip to a guitar store two weeks ago, (was slightly disappointed to learn that no one keeps a left hand or as I prefer to call it, a CORRECT hand :crazy_face: guitar in stock!) but I’ve since found a clean used one locally which I purchased, a 2nd trip to the guitar store yesterday and an online purchase of your incredible “B to B” system today and I am on my way!
I really enjoy your style of instruction and your ability to explain/convey the necessary information and all the online videos are incredibly well done! Great job!

Thank you for providing the exact kind of inspiration I was looking for, and here’s to a great new adventure! :sunglasses: Rick P in Okc

14 Likes

great to have you here @deanapierce3

6 Likes

Welcome, @deanapierce3. Glad you’re here. B2B is the source of bass education and inspiration. Enjoy!

6 Likes

Welcome @Leila and @deanapierce3

7 Likes

@deanapierce3 Welcome fellow left hander! You may want to check a couple of BassBuzz threads for LH:

A link to a spreadsheet of current LH basses available, that I and a couple of other LH BassBuzzers try to keep updated, is in the first post at the first link above. There are three sheets; the other two are for discontinued LH models, and for stores that sell LH model basses.

And a belated welcome from me to all the other new BassBuzzers in 2023. I can’t keep up with all the new folks, but welcome to the forum!

9 Likes

Welcome @deanapierce3 !

6 Likes

Welcome @deanapierce3

6 Likes

Thanks to All!
My name is Rick, and while I am new to bass, I am not completely new to music!
Although I’m 40 years removed from high school band this year, and harbor NO illusion that playing trumpet in my youth will help me with playing bass, I do hope that having already learned to read music and having a working understanding of music theory will be helpful once I can learn how to create the correct notes on the bass!
I honestly cannot express just how impressed I am with BassBuzz and how inspired I am by Josh and his teaching technique!
I have learned more about playing bass guitar watching Josh & the BassBuzz content on YouTube the last 14 days than I knew in the previous 57 years!
I really hope to become proficient enough to jam with my buddy very soon and feel confident that this place and this system is the recipe for success!

12 Likes

Welcome @Leila
Have fun!

8 Likes

Welcome @deanapierce3
Have fun!

6 Likes

Well, once again, I’m behind…welcome to the family to all of our newest members!

8 Likes

Welcome @Leila ! Really glad you are here with us!

7 Likes

Welcome @deanapierce3 ! Really glad you are here. You cracked the code, my friend. Josh Will have you shaking the walls in no time. Well played!

6 Likes

Welcome to the group @deanapierce3

6 Likes

Welcome @Leila and @deanapierce3, Have fun on your journey

7 Likes

Hey there everyone, I’ve been playing bass for over 10 years and I’ve become a gear nut and a nerd for information on our instrument and everything else associated. I’ve been a talkbass member for a while and have become frustrated with it. I’m hoping people on here are going to be funner and hopefully open minded. My music tastes are pretty diverse and finding new things is something I really enjoy. New music, new basses, new ways to make the bass sing the song you tell it to. My profile has more detail on all my favorite gear and music. Can’t wait to contribute here and hopefully pass on what I’ve learned. :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Welcome @Gth

5 Likes

Welcome, @Gth.

6 Likes

Great to have you here @Gth!
We pride ourselves as being the happiest/friendliest place on the interweb.
Know-it-alls and mansplainers don’t live here.
We are all here to help each other on our quest for music and piles of gear!!!

Welcome.

7 Likes