Introduce Yourself! (2023)

@Gloucestre very cool musical background of you and your family. I hope to see some videos of you guys jamming together.

5 Likes

Welcome @Silverboarder, we have the same steps in mind in the same order even! Great to have you in the group, maybe one day we can have a collaboration between some of us badasses here.

5 Likes

Hey @John_E, that thread looks like itā€™s a couple years old; do you lnow if thereā€™s a better place to post questions about the dai and hardware involved, or is it cool to wake up that old thread?

3 Likes

Hey welcome @epknows, and same here btw. I had my dream bass back in college that was sold for rent before learning to play. Now Iā€™m 55 and just starting again with a new bass and real lessons! Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride.

5 Likes

Welcome @StefTheCat, would love to see/hear something from the two of you playing together if itā€™s possible. I wonder if you could mix in the base with the traditional instruments for a modern twist.

6 Likes

Thanks @LavaLemming - Great minds think alike! Once I have some competence with the Dong Xiao, then we would look at doing some recording, but in the meantime I am thinking of how I can incorporate some of our more modern instruments in the meantime.

4 Likes

Wake it.

5 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Introduce Yourself! (2023):

Hello from Poland!
My name is Leila and this is my 3rd attempt at playing bass. I started at 16 and got somwhere between beginner and intermediate. Then I stopped, sold the bass, and was missing it ever since. I bought my second bass for my 30th birthday, practiced some, but got discouraged and kept in its case for another 10 years. I turned 41 last week, and for awhile now, getting that bass out was all I could think about. So I did, and magic happened, I finally feel complete. Since itā€™s been so long, Iā€™m starting almost from zero, but I know Iā€™m going to have so much fun. Hopefully, 3rd timeā€™s the charm :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Welcome @Leila !

7 Likes

Welcome, @Leila. Glad youā€™re here. B2B is the perfect way to learn bass. The third time will definitely be the charm. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Welcome to the group @Leila, glad you joined us

8 Likes

Welcome @Leila

7 Likes

Great to have you here @Leila
Make it stick this time!

6 Likes

Hello Josh!
I just made the commitment to your lesson plan and I am excited to get started!

Iā€™d really like you to know how impressed and inspired I am with you and your ability to convey information and with BassBuzz as a step by step guide to guitar heroics! :sunglasses:

I have a close friend that is a very skilled guitar player who has been prodding me to try my hand at bass for sometime now!
Iā€™ve been lurking around the internet for a few weeks while pondering the idea of whether learning a new instrument was in my future or not?
I had not felt too compelled to try after I had watched several other online instructors efforts and formats of instructionā€¦then through complete luck and a stroke of good fortune, I found a BassBuzz video on YouTube and I have been hooked ever since!

I made my first trip to a guitar store two weeks ago, (was slightly disappointed to learn that no one keeps a left hand or as I prefer to call it, a CORRECT hand :crazy_face: guitar in stock!) but Iā€™ve since found a clean used one locally which I purchased, a 2nd trip to the guitar store yesterday and an online purchase of your incredible ā€œB to Bā€ system today and I am on my way!
I really enjoy your style of instruction and your ability to explain/convey the necessary information and all the online videos are incredibly well done! Great job!

Thank you for providing the exact kind of inspiration I was looking for, and hereā€™s to a great new adventure! :sunglasses: Rick P in Okc

14 Likes

great to have you here @deanapierce3

6 Likes

Welcome, @deanapierce3. Glad youā€™re here. B2B is the source of bass education and inspiration. Enjoy!

6 Likes

Welcome @Leila and @deanapierce3

7 Likes

@deanapierce3 Welcome fellow left hander! You may want to check a couple of BassBuzz threads for LH:

A link to a spreadsheet of current LH basses available, that I and a couple of other LH BassBuzzers try to keep updated, is in the first post at the first link above. There are three sheets; the other two are for discontinued LH models, and for stores that sell LH model basses.

And a belated welcome from me to all the other new BassBuzzers in 2023. I canā€™t keep up with all the new folks, but welcome to the forum!

9 Likes

Welcome @deanapierce3 !

6 Likes

Welcome @deanapierce3

6 Likes