Introduce Yourself! (2023)

Thanks to All!
My name is Rick, and while I am new to bass, I am not completely new to music!
Although I’m 40 years removed from high school band this year, and harbor NO illusion that playing trumpet in my youth will help me with playing bass, I do hope that having already learned to read music and having a working understanding of music theory will be helpful once I can learn how to create the correct notes on the bass!
I honestly cannot express just how impressed I am with BassBuzz and how inspired I am by Josh and his teaching technique!
I have learned more about playing bass guitar watching Josh & the BassBuzz content on YouTube the last 14 days than I knew in the previous 57 years!
I really hope to become proficient enough to jam with my buddy very soon and feel confident that this place and this system is the recipe for success!

12 Likes

Welcome @Leila
Have fun!

8 Likes

Welcome @deanapierce3
Have fun!

6 Likes

Well, once again, I’m behind…welcome to the family to all of our newest members!

8 Likes

Welcome @Leila ! Really glad you are here with us!

7 Likes

Welcome @deanapierce3 ! Really glad you are here. You cracked the code, my friend. Josh Will have you shaking the walls in no time. Well played!

6 Likes

Welcome to the group @deanapierce3

6 Likes

Welcome @Leila and @deanapierce3, Have fun on your journey

7 Likes

Hey there everyone, I’ve been playing bass for over 10 years and I’ve become a gear nut and a nerd for information on our instrument and everything else associated. I’ve been a talkbass member for a while and have become frustrated with it. I’m hoping people on here are going to be funner and hopefully open minded. My music tastes are pretty diverse and finding new things is something I really enjoy. New music, new basses, new ways to make the bass sing the song you tell it to. My profile has more detail on all my favorite gear and music. Can’t wait to contribute here and hopefully pass on what I’ve learned. :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Welcome @Gth

5 Likes

Welcome, @Gth.

6 Likes

Great to have you here @Gth!
We pride ourselves as being the happiest/friendliest place on the interweb.
Know-it-alls and mansplainers don’t live here.
We are all here to help each other on our quest for music and piles of gear!!!

Welcome.

7 Likes

Welcome @Gth

6 Likes

Welcome @Gth . Best forum on the webz

7 Likes

In 1973 I began playing a (4 micro) teisco electric guitar. Later playing with italian Eko red semi acoustic bass. Since 1986 I bough a new Fender Mustang bass and used Fender bassman ten. I always play as amateur. I like almost all kind of music. My favoryte musicians are Joe Satriani, Greg Koch, Joe Bonamassa

13 Likes

Welcome, @Pumking_eater. Glad you’re here. Enjoy!

6 Likes

Thanks Mike

7 Likes

Welcome @Gth !

6 Likes

Welcome @Pumking_eater !

6 Likes

I felt right at home when the first thread I found was asking about Warwick and saying that talk bass was his first try but they all told him to buy fender. Lol I have 2 Warwicks and I love talking about them and sharing what I learned from having 1 and now 2.

9 Likes