Introduce Yourself! (2023)

Welcome @StefTheCat
Enjoy your journey

8 Likes

Hey,

so 2023 is gonna be the year I learn to play the bass.
Iā€™m 41 years old and have been playing the drums since age 13 and the guitar since age 18. Currently singing and playing the guitar in a rock band.
Iā€™ve always felt that I understand all areas of rock music except the bass. Time to change that. :slight_smile:
Iā€™m completely self taught, so I wanted to do it properly this time, and start with the very basics. Got myself my first bass, a Sandberg Electra VS4 a couple of weeks ago.

Cheers from Hamburg!

14 Likes

Great to have you here @NicoPJ

4 Likes

Welcome @NicoPJ

4 Likes

Welcome, @NicoPJ. Glad youā€™re here. Enjoy the lessons!

4 Likes

Welcome @NicoPJ

5 Likes

Welcome @NicoPJ
Enjoy your journey

6 Likes

Welcome to the group @NicoPJ, glad you joined us

6 Likes

Welcome @NicoPJ !

5 Likes

Hi. Iā€™m Scott. Iā€™ve been a singer for years. A little over a year ago I decided to learn to playā€¦ the piano. Hey, itā€™s a stringed instrument, too.

It was fun and I learned a lot, including how to really listen to the bass to hear the chords. I gained immense respect for bass.

Then I recorded Colour My World with my dad, singing and playing everything on the keyboard but he wouldnā€™t let me play the bass that way. I had to do it on the real instrument. (I didnā€™t grow up with him and donā€™t live near him so he hadnā€™t been able to teach me.)

ā€œBut I canā€™t play the bass.ā€

ā€œNot yet.ā€

Sure enough, I fell in love.

Iā€™ve been learning what I can by myself for a couple of weeks (on a borrowed bass for now, desperately in need of a setup, and only limited access to an amp. In due time Iā€™ll acquire all that.)

And then I found Bass Buzz. I kept hearing about The Talent Code in my other pursuits. One of the Bass Buzz videos mentioned Deep Practice. I decided to finally buy the book and then after a few chapters I decided to buy the course.

Enough about me. Letā€™s jam!

16 Likes

Welcome @thewritescott

7 Likes

Welcome @thewritescott !

7 Likes

Welcome @thewritescott

7 Likes

Great to have you here @thewritescott

7 Likes

Welcome to the group @thewritescott

8 Likes

Welcome @NicoPJ
Have fun!

7 Likes

Welcome @thewritescott
Have fun!

8 Likes

Welcome @NicoPJ !

6 Likes

Welcome @thewritescott !

7 Likes

Welcome, @thewritescott. Glad youā€™re here. Get to thumping on your first bass and enjoy!

7 Likes