Introduce Yourself! (2024)

Hi! Welcome to the forum. I’ve just joined recently too.

Totally agree on enjoying getting to learn about different genres. There’s stuff I probably wouldn’t have listened to without learning an instrument and it opens up whole worlds. I love it.

Have a blast!

8 Likes

Welcome @SteppenWolf !

6 Likes

Welcome, @Medicineman. Glad you’re here. Enjoy!

4 Likes

Welcome, @SteppenWolf. Glad you’re here. Enjoy the lessons!

5 Likes

Hi again all…

Intro’d myself a month ago and just wanted to update…
I bought the course and have begun the lessons. As I have been tinkering on other sites for the the last year, the early modules are basic to where I currently am in the playing process but I am doing each of them to hopefully clean up any bad habits I have picked up along the way. Real early into it… only Module 2 and taking it slow to make sure I’m getting everything Josh is teaching. Looking forward to diving deeper into the course.
I have been playing with the set up on my bass (it’s an entry level Fender I purchased as a package). I have been trying to get the action to be a little lighter so it is more playable. Some of the online videos are pretty complex with special tools, etc. Anyone have any simple suggestions? I think I might be a little embarrassed taking this “inexpensive” instrument in to a professional to do a set up. Right now I certainly can’t afford to upgrade it. Just trying to get it as playable as it can be.

12 Likes

Hi, I’m Steve. After a neck injury in bjj I’ve been looking for a new hobby and I think I found it. I’m a former drummer but due to lack of room in my basement I decided on the bass. I’m freshly signed up and looking forward to a new adventure.

14 Likes

Hey everyone!

Sort of mentioned this is another post but I’m back to the world of bass after about a decade away.

I’m 42, and due to “life happening” I had to sell all of my instruments and had to watch from the sidelines.

I started off as guitar player but quickly realized that I related to music and understood it most from the perspective of the bass.

I’m into a bunch of different music but tend to lean most to rock/metal/funk/reggae which is probably what most bassists say anyway lol.

I recently rented a Players P Bass from a store here in BC and have been getting my chops up to par and relearning a lot of what I’ve forgotten musically.

REALLY happy with the engagement and friendliness of this community already!

17 Likes

Welcome @swiens and @gabe !

5 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

Welcome to all new dwellers of the subterranean abyss. You have chosen wisely with the B2B course. It will provide a foundation that will allow you to play anything you ever want and allow you to express yourself musically. From simple blues to more complex jazz or metal, you will have an idea of how to play it. It is not rocket science and should be really enjoyable. Most of you will experience GAS at some point. Go with it. Do not resist.

8 Likes

Welcome, @gabe. Glad you’re here. Enjoy!

4 Likes

Welcome, @swiens. Glad you’re here. Enjoy the other half of the rhythm section. Enjoy!

6 Likes

Welcome @SteppenWolf
Have fun!

4 Likes

Did you check this video?

There’s some more info in here as well:

7 Likes

Krescht… Thanks for the info, much appreciated!!

5 Likes

Hello,
Let me start by saying I’m Brian, and I have always wanted to learn how to play bass, but have never gotten around to it. I played trombone in high school, but I am 45 years old and have forgotten pretty much everything I learned there lol. I picked up my first bass almost about 6 months ago and have been trying to teach myself by watching online videos and playing Rocksmith on my Playstation. I have also been following Josh’s video’s on youtube for about a year or so. Those methods could only get me so far, so I bought the BTB course for myself for christmas and have working my way through it. I’m about to start module 4 and I am excited to start learning more about how to read sheet music. I should also mention that I’m left-handed so that makes all of this a little more interesting for me.

12 Likes

Another thing we now know about you, @JoshFossgreen, is that you got the banana sometime AFTER your 1st birthday. :slight_smile:

(of course, as an ‘old fart’ around here, I already knew that)

Happy New Year, sensei.

5 Likes

@MarkS, you’ll soon discover (and then forget) that you are not the oldest person around here - and may actually be closer to the median than you think possible.

5 Likes

Welcome @swiens , @gabe and @blambert3030 !

8 Likes

Welcome @blambert3030
Have fun!

6 Likes