Let’s Rally Gang - an update on our Bad Ass Bass Gal @PamPurrs

Sorry about your dad, brother.

9 Likes

Lost my Dad years ago.

Smile when you remember your Dad. You’ll feel him smile back.

9 Likes

Sorry to hear about your dad @athosmr2003 .

7 Likes

Man, sorry to hear about your dad @athosmr2003 .
My condolences to you and your family.

8 Likes

Sorry for your loss @athosmr2003

8 Likes

Hey @PamPurrs

I was going back to the very beginning of the Post Your Covers thread to listen to some of the very first covers in the forum and found some fun things…

Oct 2019…

A bit shy of 2 years later, you are teaching the enitre forum how to do it!
Then you broke up the boys club and became the first female bassist to post a cover here.
It took me a while of scrolling but then I found 1 year later your first recorded cover (audio only).

And it was a really good one too!

Same month you add in video…in a very big way of course, blowing everyone else’s video productions out of the water…

It is really fun going back and watching everyone’s progression.

17 Likes

My condolences for your loss

9 Likes

It’s one of my favorite threads on the forum just for this reason.

13 Likes

Oh man, John. That’s a great find!

This goes to show why Pam has the BadAssBassGal moniker. She started from absolute zero and built her knowledge and skill up from nothing. But she did it with a level of tenacity and dedication that is like very few people I have ever known. Throughout it all, she fearlessly asked any and every question she had. No matter how small or how complicated. I hope all of our newer bassist feel just as comfortable doing that.

She is a testament to what you can accomplish by being a great student, but when she had outpaced what she could learn here she didn’t leave. She stayed around and shared what she has learned and has acted as an inspiration and mentor for many others. Me included.
And that’s pretty Bad Ass. :sunglasses: :+1:

I hope all goes well @PamPurrs . Otherwise, you will be sorely missed around here.

14 Likes

Sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you and your family

10 Likes

Sorry to hear of your loss,
Cheers Brian

10 Likes

Thank you everyone! I’ll see you on Sunday!

Scott

10 Likes

@John_E thank you for that walk down memory lane. You along with everyone else on this forum continue to inspire me and give me the strength to fight this cancer so I can come back and post more covers.

33 Likes

That’s the spirit!

11 Likes

Y’all make it look easy, @PamPurrs and @John_E

11 Likes

Your first cover was GREAT, so so did you!

13 Likes

+1

10 Likes

Yeah definitely!

8 Likes

i have always thought that pam progressed so much faster than almost all of us is because she put in a hellacious amount of work at it :+1:

i aint got no energy for that, OTOH :rofl:

10 Likes

We got you, @PamPurrs – Just do your best with how you’re feeling every day. Always a pleasure to read things from you, whether they’re full covers you’ve recorded, or simply how your day’s going. :slight_smile:

And @athosmr2003 – very sorry to hear of your loss. We’re all here in solidarity for one another and if there’s anything you need as you grieve your father, just say the word.

13 Likes