Let’s Rally Gang - an update on our Bad Ass Bass Gal @PamPurrs

@PamPurrs you are a keystone of my incredibly enjoyable time here. I repeatedly read your posts and learn and laugh. Your contributions here make my life better.

11 Likes

@PamPurrs You certainly are a pillar to this community - always positive and a splash of humour/sarcasm can go a long way. I appreciate you and your presence every time I pop into this site.
Sending prayers and happy positive Canadian vibes along the way for you and your family. :gift_heart:

9 Likes

I have a similar story, I started playing again in 2018 after finishing 6 1/2 weeks of radiation therapy and starting 45 weeks of Chemo for a cancerous right frontal lobe brain tumor.
Truly hate to hear she is dealing with this. Will add her to my prayers.

20 Likes

@PamPurrs I’m brand new here, but I’ve read through most of the comments on this thread, and more than few posts on other threads, and I’ve learned two things:

1. You’re a well-loved and highly respected member off this community who’s been an integral part of many aspiring bassists’ journey

2. cancer is really gonna regret messing with you

Hoping for the best for you.

15 Likes

I posted a few days ago about my own family battles with cancer. I got a call from my brother this morning that Dad passed away following his 8 year battle last night.
@PamPurrs with so many people we know and love losing their battles, HANG IN THERE. We don’t want to lose you either.
#f**k Cancer

22 Likes

Sorry for your loss, @athosmr2003. Wishing you strength and courage.

12 Likes

Indeed!
Our condolences.

9 Likes

Sorry for your loss @athosmr2003

Pam

10 Likes

That’s awful, super sorry to hear that.

10 Likes

Sorry about your dad, brother.

9 Likes

Lost my Dad years ago.

Smile when you remember your Dad. You’ll feel him smile back.

9 Likes

Sorry to hear about your dad @athosmr2003 .

7 Likes

Man, sorry to hear about your dad @athosmr2003 .
My condolences to you and your family.

8 Likes

Sorry for your loss @athosmr2003

8 Likes

Hey @PamPurrs

I was going back to the very beginning of the Post Your Covers thread to listen to some of the very first covers in the forum and found some fun things…

Oct 2019…

A bit shy of 2 years later, you are teaching the enitre forum how to do it!
Then you broke up the boys club and became the first female bassist to post a cover here.
It took me a while of scrolling but then I found 1 year later your first recorded cover (audio only).

And it was a really good one too!

Same month you add in video…in a very big way of course, blowing everyone else’s video productions out of the water…

It is really fun going back and watching everyone’s progression.

17 Likes

My condolences for your loss

9 Likes

It’s one of my favorite threads on the forum just for this reason.

13 Likes

Oh man, John. That’s a great find!

This goes to show why Pam has the BadAssBassGal moniker. She started from absolute zero and built her knowledge and skill up from nothing. But she did it with a level of tenacity and dedication that is like very few people I have ever known. Throughout it all, she fearlessly asked any and every question she had. No matter how small or how complicated. I hope all of our newer bassist feel just as comfortable doing that.

She is a testament to what you can accomplish by being a great student, but when she had outpaced what she could learn here she didn’t leave. She stayed around and shared what she has learned and has acted as an inspiration and mentor for many others. Me included.
And that’s pretty Bad Ass. :sunglasses: :+1:

I hope all goes well @PamPurrs . Otherwise, you will be sorely missed around here.

14 Likes

Sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you and your family

10 Likes

Sorry to hear of your loss,
Cheers Brian

10 Likes