Let’s Rally Gang - an update on our Bad Ass Bass Gal @PamPurrs

@PamPurrs I just had a mental image/edit of Eddie from Iron Maiden with a neck scarf, Stingray in hand and #badasspams features and she leads this rabble of thunder chasers with determination and the best attitude of anyone I know. Good to have you back Big Sister!

9 Likes

If anyone can do it, you can @PamPurrs Keep on your therapy and you’ll get better!

9 Likes

Well that post has made my morning!
So good to see you posting and hearing your progress.

10 Likes

Oh @PamPurrs , the updates from Sara thru @John_E , have been great, but no substitute for the real you.

It is great to see you can at least give us updates straight from you now.
You have been in my thoughts all week long, and I have been sending good vibes your way the whole time.

I too had a bit rougher Monday then exped as well, but nothing compared to your day long surgery.

I got hit with 6.5 years, and have to self surrender on Dec 9th.
While I was hoping for 5 years and a self surrender date after Christmas, I am very thankful to not have been given 8-10 years, and to at least get to spend Thanksgiving with family.

We both have lots to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, and I am very grateful for that fact.

I am thrilled you made it thru your surgery, and look forward to updates as you recover.

I get to communicate thru email while I am away, so we will still get to stay in contact, another thing I can add to my list of things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving!!
:turkey::turkey::turkey:

15 Likes

Hi Pam @PamPurrs ,
We are happy to hear you are doing as well as can be expected, sounds like you will be up and about and looking forward to getting home sooner rather than later.
Best wishes Brian & Shirley

10 Likes

And we will expect you to continue to reach out to your extended Bass family Toby @T_dub ,
Enjoy the turkey :turkey: with your family :+1::+1:
Cheers Brian

10 Likes

Thanks for the continued updates John @John_E ,
Cheers Brian

9 Likes

HI @PamPurrs , it’s good to hear from you. Hoping everything goes as well as it can for your recovery and therapy. :heart:

10 Likes

I will, I think that Jesse @Reasonably_Happy
may need to start a thread like this one for me, where he can get things back and forth, to and from me, and post all my info, like whatever email address I get issued, and my mailing address, and most important, how you can all put money on my books​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just kidding about that part :wink:
But yeah, I will be thinking of you all, and updates will flow both ways for sure.

13 Likes

I’ll be thinking of you Toby @T_dub . I hope they take you to a not-so-bad place if there is such a thing. I can’t imagine being incarcerated, but then never imagined having half my throat being ripped out either. You’re strong and will get through it.

16 Likes

The way you have both faced these hardships is super admirable.

And yeah of course we’ll need a thread like this for you, Toby.

13 Likes

I for one will be happy to do what I can to make your time more tolerable.

11 Likes

It won’t be all that bad.
I am going to a level 2 Federal Prison.
All non violent criminals, mostly first offenders and some white collar criminals.
It is one step down from ClubFed, the country club federal prisons for rich white collar criminals.

The great news is there is music programs, so I should get to play bass.

I will most likely go to Terminal Island in Long Beach, which is also great, cuz it is really close to family and friends, so I should get visits often, at least at first, but that’s important cuz it’s my period of adjustment. I am sure to have visits often, but not as often in later years As the first 6 months, I suspect .

If I can’t get in there right away, I would likely go to Lompoc, which will still be accessible to friends and family, but not as. I will transfer to Terminal Island as soon as there is an open spot if I can’t go there at first.

The first month or three will be the worst, I will be held at OC Jail or the Metro Federal detention center in LA until I get classified and transfered into Terminal Island or Lompoc. There I will be in gen pop with all sorts of criminals serving less then a year, or waiting for trial, or in the same boat as me.
Both are close to home, and I will get lost of visits, but it will be the worst time I serve due to the people and facility, and no access to a bass, and probably will not yet have access to email, so communication to the world would be limited to two phone calls of about 10 or 15 min a day. Time will stand still those days, but will soon enough turn into a month or 3 and I will be off to the better federal facility.

But…
I still have til Dec 9th to openly communicate here on the forum, and after that, I will call Jesse with updates, or my parents will call him with them.

Thanks Howard, I am just playing it the same as I have since the start. There is little good that could come from me acting out, or blowing my top, and nothing would change for the better. I am in a good place mentally, happy to be spending these ladst monts with my parents, it has been really good to bond with them. They are old, and should be alive when I get out, but I don’t know how much we could actually do then, as my dad just turned 89. He is the oldest punk rocker I know.
My mom is 80 now too. Neither look or act their age, but pop’s is slowing down at a faster rate now, so it’s great to be with them both now.

I M spending some time with my daughter’s now, but the young adults they are, they only carve out little bits of time for me here and there, but I understand completely and am grateful for anytime with them.
When I was 18-20, I would hardly give my folks the time of day, unless I needed something, do I am honored when my daughter’s actually want to hang out here and there.

I am sure the last few days before I turn myself in will be different as the reality of what is to come kicks into overdrive, but I will deal with that then, and I am sure to take it in stride as well.

18 Likes

That’s super awesome news. Maybe if you can work out a way you can teach others you could get some time knocked off. And let the forum know if the place doesn’t have a bass, maybe there’s something we could do about that.

17 Likes

It’s possible, I would probably have to teach a guard so he would recommend me for time off.
There is a way to get some time off if a guard recommends it, but I don’t know what exactly the parameters are for that, and what amount you can get off, but it’s worth a shot.
Good idea

14 Likes

We’ll do what we can Toby. It’s a tough break, but we’re here for you.

10 Likes

When I see hard times, I hope I am Pam strong. She really is inspirational (but don’t tell her that)

11 Likes

@PamPurrs my thoughts are with you.
Keep walk forward and being strong as we are all routing for you

10 Likes

Two words from a cancer survivor (of 30 years or so).

“Cancer sucks!”

9 Likes

I just hope that I can face things in my life with the straightforward kickass-ness that you exude and demonstrate.
So great to see your words up here, and to hear the inside scoop on how things are going.
Wishing you speedy and strong recovery.

16 Likes