Let’s Rally Gang - an update on our Bad Ass Bass Gal @PamPurrs

Pam has been teaching the nurses some sign language so they can communicate when she needs something.
So that they know when she is thirsty, she taught them the sign for beer…

28 Likes

:joy:
That’s just awesome :clap:t4:

11 Likes

It really has been the most impressive thing.

12 Likes

From Sara…

Case management lady came by. She’s concerned about Pam being home alone.
She’s thinking maybe going rehab place. Because I work and I told her that yes I would worry about her fall and I’m deaf so Pam and I agree for her to go rehab. For awhile till she is able to come home.

22 Likes

@PamPurrs, wishing you a fast recovery!

8 Likes

That’s probably the best idea.
I went for 2 weeks after my first knee replacement cuz I lived alone, and it was just a knee replacement, so for all Pams been thru, that’s gonna make Sara and the rest of us more comfortable for a little while.

9 Likes

@John_E asked me how I’m doing. I’m sharing my response to him.

Thank you. The pain is minimal and they’re managing it well. The discomfort is the problem. My face and neck are swollen like a beach ball with drainage tubes all over the place. I can’t lift my head it’s so heavy, and require the aid of a nurse.
I’ve got several IVs connected to my right arm, and a oxygen level monitor on the 4th finger.
A blood pressure cuff is on my left arm, which annoys me when it constricts periodically.
All-in-all I’m as well as can be expected. As a bonus, my Cowboys clobbered the Vikings yesterday 40-3.

30 Likes

Have a good & quick recovery Pam! :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

I hate that damn thing too, one of the most annoying things about being laid up in the hospital if you ask me

Glad you are doing good, it will slowly get better.

12 Likes

Closely followed by the blood sugar finger pricks every few hours…

12 Likes

Great to see you on here @PamPurrs … Best wishes that your recovery continues quickly and as comfortably as possible…

11 Likes

You are one awesome lady the way you are handling this. It’s always great to read your posts. You are an inspiration to all of us. Continued prayers and love to you and Sara!
:pray: :heart:

16 Likes

I’m diabetic (in remission thank God) and I’ve been there with the BP cuff and finger pricks. Can’t say I’ve had beach ball neck, but empathize nonetheless

11 Likes

Incredible Updates There @PamPurrs

Sending Positive Vibes Your Way & Keep Teaching Those Nurses New Sign Language Phases

Stay Strong,
Cheers

11 Likes

@PamPurrs Speed recovery,
Thoughts are with you, Know the feeling just had injections in my lower back to help me walk properly again.

10 Likes

Ms. Resilient has left the hospital and is now in the rehab facility until she is strong enough to care for herself (Sara works so rehab is necessary for a while). She also needs rehab for walking with the grafting they took from her leg.

32 Likes

Excellent news.

12 Likes

Great news @John_E

11 Likes

Outstanding news!

10 Likes

Great news @John_E ,
Thanks for sharing.
Cheers Brian

10 Likes