Multiple Bass Disorder (MBD)

I have succumbed, yet again. Yamaha TRBX304 in white.

I just couldn’t stop myself.

My god, what have I created.

3 Likes

Yes!!!
Now every time I reply to you I can finish with this.

One of us
One of us
One of us
One of us…

Lol, course the “US”. Could just be you and I
…for now
:thinking::thinking::thinking:. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::thinking::roll_eyes::flushed::thinking::roll_eyes::crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

@T_dub

We are the worst co-enablers going :smiley::smiley:

3 Likes

To be honest egging you guys on is fun

3 Likes

It’s all good fun :slight_smile: It’s my main hobby, so while I can, I’m going to enjoy it to the max :slight_smile:

/lines up more excuses :smiley:

4 Likes

Absolutely. I am no hurting anybody. I am not harming myself financially, it makes the Main hobby of Bass, so much more when you are looking for info, for deals, for new things to try, selling off the thongs you don’t want, like or need, and at times ale some money back, making the $400 combo you (I) bought just for the bass, and got a case and set of strings with it to kee, and an amp head and Cabnit not wanted, to sell, and make that money back, so the nice, shines, ORANGE Schecter Stilleto Elite 5 (with chard case and strings) cost somewhere between $100 and the other side of Free (+ $25-$50 of it sells for asking price after all the Covid stuff is over).
:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Lol all my friends think I am getting ready to open a pawn shop, or a used music shop.

I said I would love too, but I only know (a very little) about Basses, and mostly, only a rough enuf value of most standard basses, amps, pedals, etc… to spot a good deal. Might be too much to have to do guitars and other instruments, enuf to have a music shop.
That may make it work, and might turn me off of it too soon.

Can I have a BASS only shop??? :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:
That would be bad ass.

2 Likes

Yes, @T_dub. Yes you can.

I wanted to be the first to encourage this decision.

1 Like

“Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.” — Yoda

3 Likes

@JerryP - if that’s the case, I should be the universal dark overlord by now :laughing:

3 Likes

@T_dub

Oh, I’d love to work in a bass store. Or any music store. I’d do overtime just for shits and giggles!

2 Likes

I think it’s time to make sure that everyone understands that this Multiple Bass Disorder thread is a support group, where people with Multiple Bass Disorder support each other.

Appropriate comments are statements like

1. “Hell, YES!”
  2. “I would buy that!”
  3. “Sweet deal!”
  4. “You need one of each colour variation for a full set!”
  5. “I’d just like to point out that there’s no stated legal maximum number of basses that you’re allowed to have.”
  6. “If the lackbass Police ever find an empty slot on your guitar rack, you know what happens, right?”
  7. “The recognised scientific formula for Optimum Basses is: O.B = n+1, where n = the number of basses that I currently have.”
  8. “They’re NOT two exactly the same. One has flatwounds.”
  9. “You know Paul McCartney only played two basses throughout all the beatles hits and ONE GOT STOLEN? They’d have been screwed without another one just like it.”
  10. “Just remember, that company could go out of business. It happens all the time.”
  11. “By exact definition, ALL basses are limited editions. You could miss out.”
  12. "Who is going to believe the opinion of a guy with only ONE bass? Now a guy who has 10 knows something about different basses. A guy that owns 110 knows something about MANY basses.
  13. "Just make sure that you always have more empty stands, hooks and bags than you have basses. Your partner will never know how many you actually have. "
  14. “Nobody has died from having too many basses. I mean, not yet. We haven’t established a safe limit. Do it, in the name of SCIENCE, but be safe. Don’t get any more if you start feeling ill.”

Be supportive.

13 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

:metal: :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Awesome list, If I come up with any others, I will add to the list.

• Just because
    -think of the neglect that bass is getting being in a home that doesn’t want it, it’s your duty to rescue it and give it lots of love.
  • just because
  • you dont have a 5 (or6) string yet do you?
    -you don’t have a 5 (or 6 ) string with alt tuning do you?
    -you don’t have a 4 ( or 5 or 6) string Fretless do you?
  • you don’t have a Fretless with fret lines yet, do you?
  • you don’t already have a fanned fret bass yet, do you?
  • just because
  • you know you won’t be truly happy without it.
  • don’t let it be the one that got away!!!
  • just do it already!!!
  • because you deserve it!!!
  • if you are not gonna pull the trigger, I will!!!

And the one that gets me most often

• because it’s Orange!!!
6 Likes

@admacdo Brilliant :smiley:

1 Like

@T_dub

• I’m saving money during lockdown, so why the hell not?
  • More basses = I can spot more different tones
  • Like clothes, you don’t just wear one set all the time
  • JUST LOOK AT IT
  • I have X amount of bass stands/hangers, but I only have X-1 amount of basses
  • Oh, look, I’ve just found a spare strap. What can I put that on?
5 Likes

:+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::thinking::joy::joy::grin::grin::sunglasses::sunglasses:

The Cort Action 4 PJ (the budget winner in the BassBuzz showdown) that was for sale @ 80 euros is now lowered to 60 euros.

Damn.

2 Likes

Peter, You could just squeeze it in, have you considered the ceiling above your bed?
Sounds as if it needs a good home, the present owner does not value her enough.
Think of how happy it will make you. And … see the lists above.
Oh and you will hate yourself the next morning if it goes.
I’m trying to help here. :rofl: :guitar:

3 Likes

You know, I probably wouldn’t. :wink:

Yeeees… I can see how you would think of it that way.

But here’s the killer argument – the argument that made me make an offer:
It would serve as a good vehicle to improve my setup and instrument upgrade skillz.

The BassBuzz review mentioned that the bridge PUP is its achilles heel. I’d say that’s fixable. This bass has the Samick DNA all over it – made in Indonesia, same tuners, same bridge, same fretboard even. My Samick/Gregg Bennett Jazz has Seymour Duncan pickups, and there’s plenty of punch in the bridge pickup too.

2 Likes

Do it @peterhuppertz, ignore any excuses, go with the set up statement, and be happy abour it. I am😉