Multiple Bass Disorder (MBD)

Silly offer accepted. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::open_mouth::zipper_mouth_face::rofl:
Picking it up tomorrow. It would be criminal not to.

3 Likes

Nice!

This is why I love this community!

3 Likes

I am glad to see you have accepted the reality of the situation @peterhuppertz
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face::wink::wink::+1:t2::+1:t2:

2 Likes

Wait until I tell you what I paid for it. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

40 euro?
Just a guess here @peterhuppertz

2 Likes

nope.

3 Likes

I have a pedal I am trying to negotiate down to $40 from $70 atm. He has listed it 7months ago, so I think I have a chance. He is just slow to reply.

2 Likes

35 euro?

2 Likes

ā€¦ nope.

3 Likes

25 euro?

2 Likes

nope!

3 Likes

20 euro?

1 Like

I, um, I ā€¦
ā€¦ yes.
Would you agree it would be a crime not to pick it up? Itā€™s definitely more than a misdemeanor.

4 Likes

30 days in the hole sounds like an appropriate punishment for one who passes that upšŸ˜‰

Awesome. Great job, and congrats on the new family member. Canā€™t wait for a photo.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got MBD and I donā€™t even have a bass yet. The bass I ordered last month seems to have been stuck in US Customs for the past two weeks (buying from Germany in the middle of a lockdown might not have been a good move). Iā€™ve been biding my time by trying to learn some music theory, but hours of theory+no instrument to practice with+lockdown=impatience and impulse buying off eBay.

This afternoon I bought a used Fullerton lefty bass in a Peavey case (no idea how that worked out) to start the course while international treaties are negotiated to get my original bass to my house. (The bass I bought back in mid-April(!) was a lefty; a few minutes after hitting the buy button I saw Joshā€™s video about being a lefty who plays righty. Too late to go back now.) Now itā€™s a race to see which one arrives first.

Two basses, no notes played, still one wife, although weā€™ll see how that works out; Iā€™ve yet to see any studies on the impact of MBD on divorce rates, but I assume the data are not pretty.

5 Likes

@JimP Wives love :heart_eyes: :guitar: Bass Players Jim, fingers crossed :rofl:

2 Likes

Well.

Letā€™s put it this way:
Hereā€™s a lefty who plays lefty.

As much as I appreciate Joshā€™s playing (heā€™s a couple orders of magnitude better than I will ever be), this lefty playing a left-handed bass is Something Else.

Soā€¦ do not fret (pun not intended, but not avoided either). :blush:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome @JimP.

I used to play guitar 20 plus years ago. I decided this year to get back into playing, but chose my first real love in stringed version( I canā€™t recall if I wanted to play drums or bass more when I was little, it is a toss up) to play bass.
I had MGD ( multiple guitar disorder) back then too. But my favorite of all my guitars was my custom ordered (by me) Carvin. I canā€™t recall the model number or name, but it was a srtat style body, Koa wood, neck thru, double humbucker active pick ups, gold hardware, with a natural tongue oil finish. My Xwife sold it when I was away shortly before the divorce.

I just got a brand new ( never played from a private party, still had the Sam Ash tag around the neck, and came in the original shipping box)ESP LTD B4-E for an incredible price off the app Let Go.

The reason this one caught my eye in the first place is, it looks very similar to my old Carvin guitar. Not identical, but similar enough that they could pass for brothers.

Anyway, the reason I am telling you this is, I had been looking for used Carvin basses. My buddy ordered a Carvin (lefty btw) neck thru body bass the same time I got my guitar) cuz they are so nice, and I will always have a thing for them. I am looking for used because Carvinā€™s Are not made anymore. The company that ha d made the Carvins , a family owned shop in the greater Los Angeles area, still manufactures the same, high quality, hand made, guitars and basses, but under their family name, Keisel. They are the same as Carvins, but new, the price puts them well out of my price range. The guitar I paid $666 for (no lie) today would cost over $2000 to make. I know, I recreated it on Keisel website. And any bass I would want starts around $2400.

So, let me get to the point. In my search for used Carvins, In my price range of what I was willing to pay, I would find either, bolt on necks, 5 string, 6 string, 4 string Fretless, orā€¦
LEFTYā€™S.
My point, If you are looking, EBay, Reverb, Guitar Center, etcā€¦ you can get a reasonably priced, 4 string , neck thru, lefty Carvin Bass.
I was cursing myself for not being left handed when I keep finding, the perfect Carvin bass, perfect price, but has the L at the end of the model number. Lol
Not sure what you, or anybody will do with that info, but I figured I would Andre anyway.

4 Likes

thanks for the tip @T_dub, but I might have to wait a whileā€“at least until the ink on the divorce papers dries, or maybe until Iā€™ve played a note with either bassā€“before I line up another. Although it never hurts to lookā€¦

4 Likes