Needs help with Warwick

The sad part is now that I just bought the $$ a part of me is hoping that SamAsh management would reply to me and offer a deal for the infinity, ha ha.

3 Likes

In the flesh. Itā€™s stunning.

4 Likes

We know how it looks, how does it play?

1 Like

Crisp with plenty of highs and lows. Thatā€™s quite impressive. Flatter fingerboard is not an issue. Actually it feel very comfortable. The preamp is wide. I only played it in single coil so far.

Iā€™m jealous, that is a great looking bass. Pickup position a lot different than a Stingray, I imagine it is brighter than a Stingray.

1 Like

Bridge about the same position but year much brighter. That said the neck or better term middle is a great idea. No interference with popping.

Congratulations! Welcome to the house of Wick. Iā€™ve had my Corvette 5 for a while and itā€™s been my favorite bass Iā€™ve ever played. Youā€™ll never get lost in a mix again with that thing. The lovely Warwick tone just fills up the space and cuts through like few others can. The Corvette to me sounds like a thumb but thicker and can get more punchy especially with both humbuckers wide open. Beautiful bass and have a great time with it!!!

1 Like

Thanks @Gth Too many darn models to explore lol. I still have my eyes on the infinity

1 Like

Itā€™s so hard to go wrong with anything Warwick. Even the rock basses are better than most of the main line offerings from other brands. I have a streamer standard coming to me and Iā€™d still like a fortress and a thumb if Iā€™m just going to go crazy with Warwicks.

1 Like

What kept me away from Warwick for all this time is the nut width. All except for the P-Nuts on 4 strings are 1.5ā€. Iā€™m really want to GAS the fortress on Talkbass right now but donā€™t know much about it. I do like the dolphin but the one I see are out of my price range at the moment.

How do you like the fortress?

1 Like

Interesting 2 piece bridge. Is there a reason/benefit to that design?

1 Like

Yes increase break angle so thereā€™s a lot more stability and strong crisp tone.

1 Like

1 Like

Oh hey thatā€™s Lays cousins

The Warwick bridge system is, by far, the best I have ever used. Itā€™s adjustable at ll the saddles as usual, plus for string spacing, and also the entire bridge can be raised or lowered at each of the four corners.

And the Just-a-Nut system is just as good, allowing raising or lowering each side of the nut with an allen wrench.

Light years beyond what almost all other manufacturers do.

They arenā€™t for everyone though. I owned two streamers before I decided I simply didnā€™t like the overall fit with me. But they were well made and solid instruments, and the company itself is top notch.

3 Likes

The fortress is very similar to the Corvette. From what I gathered itā€™s balance point is a little bit different and for some itā€™s going to feel better. My Corvette is comfortable to me because Iā€™ve played it a lot but I can see why it could neck dive on some people. I found a good strap and itā€™s fine now but using a cheap strap and the wrong strap locks and it wasnā€™t that comfortable.

1 Like

Yeah the 2 piece bridge is pretty awesome I probably wonā€™t be adjusting the spacing unless I can adjust the nut end as well, one could only hope, lol.

Not gonna lie, when I think of Warwick I picture the corvette, dolphin, thumb, the radical top horn, streamer is a bit too mainstream for me, lol. Though I wish I were cool enough to pull off a Vampire or the Blizzard, lol.

The thing I found with the Streamer was that due to its shape the neck constantly felt like it was a couple cm too far to the left and it just irritated me. But, it was a solid instrument.

Most people have more than my local guitar shop tbh, thereā€™s only like 6, maybe 8 at most :joy:

I had the same feeling! Corvette was perfect for me tho

3 Likes