2 Likes

Song: Sugar We’re Goin Down
Artist: Fall Out Boy
Tuning: Drop D

3 Likes

Song: Whores (Live From Vive Latino, MX/2011) LIVE
Artis: Janes Addiction
Tuning: Drop D

I had some trouble, finding out which audio fits, so I created two versions…

3 Likes

Song: Save Your Love
Artist: Great White
Tuning: standard EADG

2 Likes

Song: Familiar Taste of Poison
Artist: Halestorm
Tuning: CGCF

2 Likes

That’s really awesome! I love it.

And the fact that BJ kicked things off triggered me a bit, lol. Still hate that cruel lady.

1 Like

Yeah, if time & personal dictator allows it, I will try to create videos for all B2B songs.
But Billie Jean was the most discussed, so there you are ^^

1 Like

Good stuff…Thx

1 Like

Since you’ve enlightened me to Tonelib and Ignition4 I’ve been gobbling up songs, playing along and having the best time. Thanks for the additional youtube content. Just subscribed.

2 Likes

Cool! If you have any issues - just ask me!

Personally (except for creating my own ToneLib tracks), the best discovery was converting many tracks with down 1 or 1/2 step tunings to Drop D, using Guitar Pro, and play those with my Hipshot Bass Extender without the need for retuning.

It makes my playlist so much more interesting (it’s EADG and Drop D now), and I don’t have to interrupt my flow by fumbling pegs all the times…

2 Likes

I’m sure a hipshot extender is in my future soon. Last night I was experimenting with detuning and played Chevelle - Evening with El Diablo in B F# B E. It was a little clanky but that just added to the tone and I thought it sounded pretty good. I was surprised my standard 4 string could handle tuning that low.

1 Like

Yeah!

Well, I haven’t tested how low my long scale goes - D was the lowest!
But I was very surprised that I could go to Drop D with my tiny Blackstar. It’s kind of cool what comes out of such a tiny instrument!!!

PS Chevelle is cool! Never heared about them before, thanks! I guess, I need to go lower too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love Chevelle, been listening to them since I was in high school. They’re good live too. I used to think I needed a 5 string to play a lot of their songs but now that I know I can get down to B I’ll be able to tackle more of their tunes. It’s great chugging practice.

1 Like

Man, I was totally satisfied with sticking to standard tuning and Drop D. Now this whole tuning orgy starts again ^^

1 Like