Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Hi Bass buzz family,

Please find link below to my latest cover.
This is my favourite Cyndi Boste Song that really shows her songwriting skills.
So I made the video to include the lyrics to share with y’all, hope you enjoy it.
As usual all feedback is appreciated .
Enjoy
Keep on Rocking

Cheers Brian

https://bilgerats.billlanahan.com/2020/10/08/lasted-so-long/

11 Likes

Great cover Joerg, she will be well impressed.
Jamie

5 Likes

Thanks, Jamie! I look forward to performing it :smile:

6 Likes

Beautiful song @TNKA36 Brian. I enjoyed it.

4 Likes

Nice and smooth, Brian! I haven’t quite kept count, but aren’t you not just covering a song, but in reality an entire album?? I don’t think I will ever be able to cover an entire album of any of the people I admire!! :joy:

6 Likes

Thanks Jerry @JerryP,
It is a great song👍
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Thanks Joerg @joergkutter,
Cyndi has 5 studio albums, plus a live album recorded in Sydney.
I would love to cover all her songs someday :+1:that would be really cool​:sunglasses:.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Well @terb, I have finally come out of my shell and will post a cover on your thread. I know it’s been over a year since you started this thread, but I just haven’t gotten around to it. Plus, I don’t think most people here like the same music I like.

Anyway, last night I was driving home from a dinner and listening to Pandora when the song “Sunday Morning” by Maroon 5 came on. Most people here aren’t even old enough to remember that song, but when it was on the charts, I was in a hot relationship and this was our favorite song.
So, today, I downloaded the song from Amazon, got the chords from Chordify, and away I went trying to improvise a bassline to it. After a couple dry runs, I fired up the record button on Reaper, and did my first take. I figured it would take several tries to get a halfway decent recording of it.
Much to my surprise the first take wasn’t too bad, so I decided to just go with it. It’s very minimalistic, nothing fancy, and not trying to dominate the song. As my bass coach always told me, “serve the tune”. That’s what I did. I realize I could probably come up with a more creative bassline if I spent more time, but to be honest, I’d rather just get back to practicing and improving my technique.

If it matters, I played it on my Yamaha BB735 with tapewound strings.

(Unfortunately, Soundcloud removed it within minutes after I uploaded it, so I had to put it on my own website)

Here it is

13 Likes

Hi Pam @PamPurrs,
Congratulations on posting your first cover, very nicely played, great tone that worked really nicely with the song👍
I had heard the song before , didn’t know the artist🤔
I do now😎
Well done, looking forward to some more into the future.
It is a good way to demonstrate our progress :grin:
It’s kinda like rewarding yourself for all the hard work.
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Thank you Brian @TNKA36 that means a lot to me.

6 Likes

Very nice bass cover and I always liked the song (yes, I’m old enough!)
Especially impressive in view of this (it usually takes me several days to rehearse a cover):

6 Likes

Congratulations Pam @PamPurrs. Great first cover and the start of many more. Good tone and recording.

5 Likes

Another great one @TNKA36 Brian! Glad to see you take a bit of a jump on production also​:+1::+1:.

6 Likes

Thanks Bill, @Lanny,
I’m enjoying experimenting with iMovie to create something special.
This song is special to me and wanted to make it stand out in a respectful way to Cyndi👍
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

A very good cover @PamPurrs Pam! Congratulations on posting your first! Great tone out of the 735 with the tapewounds, and the bass line you played fit the song like a glove. It’s great to be able to hear a song that you like and then pick up an instrument and play along to it…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

6 Likes

Awesome cover and tune, well played!

6 Likes

Cool cover @TNKA36. I reckon I’ve heard that before but maybe not with Cyndi in vocals? Or maybe not. It’s really foxing me atm.

Awesome first cover @PamPurrs. Certainly one that will take a lot of living up to by the rest of us :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thanks Mac @Mac,
Cyndi wrote the song, maybe someone else did a cover of it🤔
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Thanks @Mac

5 Likes

congrats @PamPurrs , I’m happy that you finally started to do covers :grin: I like this kind of minimal bass line, sometimes “less is more”

8 Likes