Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Great job on both covers gentlemen, @Mac, @TNKA36! The Australian contingent is really kicking arse. Also, I tend to agree with @howard that I think it’s a phasing issue. I’ve heard something similar on a couple of practice recordings when I had the original bass line up to loud.

5 Likes

Nice playing. It’s a long time since I’ve heard that song.

2 Likes

I see you joined the Foam Clan @TNKA36 :grin:

3 Likes

@TNKA36 great cover Brian I love the song and your playing! I am going to have to try the foam idea

3 Likes

Hi @terb, Laurent,
Yes I have crossed over to the foam side😎
I have been practicing a few songs with it, loving the tone :+1:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Thanks Lester, @LesterH,
Hope everything has settled down over your way👍
The foam gives a really nice muffled tone that I’ve tried on a few songs.:+1:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Good job @dualspiral66,
Nice fret work and plucking style.
Keep up the good work :+1::sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

1 Like

Hi @dualspiral66,
Probably should post this into fragments as it’s not a full cover.:sunglasses::+1:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

yes @dualspiral66 we have a topic for those fragments :

5 Likes

My bad. i just moved it

5 Likes

Awesome playing Pam. And that tone is so clean sounding. I definitely have to get some of thoes strings on my peavey if thats the deep talking bass!

6 Likes

Happy Friday everyone!
I’ve been working my way through the “Soul Fingers” book on Duck Dunn, and came across this groovy bassline from a Wilson Pickett tune and was inspired to record a cover.
I was born-n-raised in Memphis, and love the old Stax sound. Duck’s playing is what originally inspired me to pick up the bass, and diving into his catalog has kept me happy and motivated. Highly recommend!

Here is my cover of Wilson Pickett’s “Ninety-Nine And A Half (Won’t Do)”
Recorded on a Fender P-bass w/ flatwounds and tone/treble turned aaaall the way down, just like it was meant to be :sunglasses:

13 Likes

thanks and no problem @dualspiral66 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Very nice @bjams

5 Likes

Great work @bjams,
Nice fit and nice anticipation :+1::sunglasses:
Very cool😎
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

that’s an excellent cover @bjams ! not at all my kind of music, but I could not resist shaking my head, following your groove. I listened to it 4 times in a row.

also as far as I can tell now (big problem with my monitors) your bass tone fits really perfectly with the record tone (which is not very good but that’s not the purpose :face_with_hand_over_mouth: ). also nice mix.

excellent cover, I say.

6 Likes

Thanks Brian @TNKA36 things are slowly getting back to normal. Sorry I missed your call yesterday

5 Likes

Great cover @bjams! What brand of flat wounds did you use?

4 Likes

Cool cover @bjams :sunglasses:
Love the sound of those flatties :+1:

2 Likes

Here’s my latest offering :scream:
Winds of Change by German rockers The Scorpions is a big favourite of mine which I have been fortunate to see live a good few times. The best I think was at The Esplanade in St Kilda .
My version was played on the Ibanez Mikro string with flats and via the iRig/ iPad set up which isn’t the best.
I reckon I’ve a couple of timing issues and recorded a little on the quiet side but please see if you hear any other problems. Once again this was a “balls against the wall” one attempt effort

4 Likes