Post your covers! (2019-2022)

That would make sense. And also explain why very little of the music I liked did it; few of the bands that have ever been important to me were particularly concerned about AOR airplay. And while many have been concerned about DJ play, these would be DJs whose reputation was built on their ability to mix songs, where the fade was not helpful anyway.

6 Likes

Awesome work @TNKA36 Brian! Sounded great

5 Likes

Great job as always @TNKA36
Good to see you rocking Ernie

5 Likes

Another great job Brian @TNKA36. Left my comments on the website earlier this morningā€¦ Great Job!!

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback Bill, Lester & Mac, @Lanny, @LesterH, @Mac.
I loved doing this coverā€‹:+1::sunglasses:, I really liked the groove.
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

@TNKA36 Very nice. I was lucky to see Chris Isaak twice. Once in Vegas and another time in Phoenix. Puts on a great show and stays until the last person leaves after getting something signed.

It was kinda cool that heā€™d remembered talking to me from the previous show a few years back.

5 Likes

Hi @architecht13,
I love seeing Chris live, have probably seen him and the band half a dozen times, and you are right, he is always engaging with the fans.
I like his music and love doing covers of his songs.
Glad you like them ,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Iā€™m reposting this video cover of Still Got the Blues because I fixed up some of the flaws in the video. The main thing is that the chromakey on the green screen had washed out the green stem on my rose. I learned a little trick to fix that, and took care of it. I made a few other minor fixes as well.

Iā€™m working on my next coverā€¦

3 Likes

Time for a little ā€œCountryā€ā€¦ ā€œYou Look Goodā€ by Lady Antebellum (Lady A) was released in January of 2019. My bass mentor suggested that I work with this song in order to help further develop my ā€œearā€, focus more towards my ā€œtimingā€, and ā€œPlay the damn song as if I were on stage with a band.ā€

As a result, I have at least 100 different ā€œwrittenā€ and ā€œchartedā€ versions on paper, however, the version Iā€™m playing is not one of themā€¦ It does however include all of the notes that I heard when I was beginning to transcribe the song, so at least thatā€™s a ā€˜good thingā€™ā€¦ :joy:

I think what he was trying to get me to do with this one was to step outside my ā€œCoversā€ box of ā€œReplicatingā€ someone elseā€™s story (groove), trust ā€˜myā€™ musical instincts, and focus more towards ā€œCreating My Ownā€ story (groove) by locking into the drummers ā€˜kickā€™ and allowing my bass notes to follow ā€˜thatā€™ leadā€¦ Funny thing is,ā€¦ I learned more about my fretboard this past week playing this song 100 different ways than I ever learned trying to replicate notes (or tabs) on a music sheetā€¦

Anyway, Iā€™m not gonna go into the history of the song or anything because hell, itā€™s only about 3-4 years old so there really ainā€™t noneā€¦ I will say that having someone with way more experience to ā€˜mentorā€™ me has certainly been an eye openerā€¦ Maybe one of these days I can be good enough to ā€˜pay it forwardā€™ and mentor someone elseā€¦ Enjoy!!

Keep on Thumpinā€™!
Lanny

https://youtu.be/qpmRX9lPNSE

If you have problems with the YouTube upload, hereā€™s one to one of my websitesā€¦ You Look Good Bass Cover

18 Likes

Very nice Lanny @Lanny

6 Likes

Very good @Lanny Lanny! My wife is a huge fan of them and you did it a great justice

6 Likes

Nice cover Bill @Lanny,
Youā€™re looking very relaxed and as one with the bass, getting around the fretboard, very smooth.:sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

@PamPurrs

Iā€™m with you Pam! Iā€™ve tried and tried, even when recording- but just canā€™t make sitting down quite work! I would like to get there at some point for variety, but so far, it just does not feel right. I think it must be the frustrated rock star internalized all these years, and now that I can actually make noise i gotta be up at least trying to groove!

4 Likes

Man, Lanny, for a moment there I thought I could just make out your taillights, but, nahā€¦ left me in the dust again with yet another blazing cover :joy: :clap: You own this song!

Iā€™d wager that day isnā€™t nearly as far out as you might thinkā€¦ How about them grandkids of yours?? Next gen bassbuzzers!!

7 Likes

Thatā€™s an excellent bass line @Lanny Lanny ! very groovy, still a bit to the rock side with this lightly dirty P tone, it works perfectly. nice job !

6 Likes

Totally in the groove, well done!

6 Likes

Really enjoyed that cover @Lanny . Not my usual style but there something really catchy to it and your enthusiasm and groove made it very cool indeed :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Very well played, Lanny . . . :slight_smile:

:+1:

6 Likes

Great cover Lanny! Good groove and performance. We need more country covers here.

:tumbler_glass:

5 Likes

Ok, first time on vocals, ever; please be kind :slight_smile:

Our cover of New Orderā€™s song Procession. Fantastic song, one of the early ones that they relased on singles in their era immediately post-Joy Division.

This is my best friend, way back from college, and I. Me on bass, keys, vocals, and rhythm guitar; him on lead guitar.

Bass: Yamaha TRBX604FM
Synth: Kilohearts Phase Plant
Guitars: Gretsch 5120 (lead), Yamaha Pacifica 112VM (rhythm/fills)
Drums: Zoom RT-223
Mic: Shure PGA-58
Effects/plugins: many

Tracked and mixed in Reaper.

11 Likes