Post your covers! (2023)

Ha, no worries. You play whatever makes you happy.

2 Likes

Nice job Mr. @cheeze_pizza

Noticing you are not using your fretting hand at all for muting those steccato notes.
Would be good to get into the practice of doing this so you have it in your toolbox.
Video is off, or my PC is slow, could be.

I struggled on those fills for a while, but when I got them they are fun as heck to play!
Yours sounded great.

2 Likes

I thought this was excellent @Johnnyb
Not my cup of tea either but the riffs are great and you played them fantastic!

2 Likes

does it mean that it is your own composition ?

1 Like

Yupp, a long time ago.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

okay ! there is this thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, I know, and for sure if I make something new, I will post it there. But this really was a cover, as I totally had to find out what to play. I’m not even sure if it’s right. :slight_smile: But it is drop D at least. That, I am sure about. But no problem if it should be moved to the other category. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

no it’s not a problem, don’t worry !

2 Likes

Thanks John. I have used my fretting had for muting in other songs I believe. The plucking hand seemed to be tight enough on this song but as the song difficulty progresses I could see that becoming an issue. Good info man.

I still seem to struggle with syncing in iMovie…what was the software you mentioned previously that has the audio sync feature?

Thanks again.

1 Like

DaVinci Resolve.
The free version will do everything you need, but it needs a good computer.

3 Likes

I’m starting to learn it … not very easy ! but it seems excellent, yeah.

2 Likes

Check out @PamPurrs and my tutorial to cut to the chase on the things needed. There are also a couple of very good YouTubers for “how do I do this, how do I do that”

3 Likes

yeah, also a lot of very good tutorials in french, which is nice for me :grin:

1 Like

This is the fist song I’ve done where the timing gave me a really hard time. It’s in 5/4 and it was really hard to get used to. Other than that it’s not really a difficult song, but it is fun to play.

Muse - Animals

11 Likes

Very good job @Paul_9207 ! Added to the list of songs I want to play. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t know maybe it’s just me but I think you nailed it. That looks like a very busy bass line. Awesome job @Paul_9207. Nice tone also blended with the song well!

4 Likes
12 Likes

Those fills were excellent, and loved the tone, and can always go for some :metal: VH! :metal:

2 Likes

I liked this, looked fun to play, and a good departure from journey for sure.

I have to admit I’ve watched my own youtube covers to relearn how to play songs more than once.

4 Likes

That was great Paul! I like this more than Hysteria, the 5/4 really gives it an interesting feel.

3 Likes