Post your covers! (2023)

As usual @Ek_Bass - fantastic playing and tone!
No idea what’s going on but it doesn’t matter, I really like this tune!

2 Likes

LOVE the tone you have here, from note #1.
Never heard the tune before and not a Petty fan, but I do like this one!

3 Likes

NICE tight tight tight muting, sounds Fab-OOOOO!
I really love what DG can do for tone even outside the metal realms.

3 Likes

Thanks John! The DG head has treated me very well indeed!

1 Like

Thanks… that’s just me, bass bone dry plugged into a mixer.

1 Like

50 Songs Challenge Song no. 33: Van Halen - Running with the Devil

I took some liberty with the bass fills. The first one is closer to the original than the second but I think both fit in well so I’m running with it. :smiling_imp:

MIM Jazz Bass tuned to E flat and into the Cali76 Comp pedal + Darkglass head. This time in B3K Mode. Drive knob all the way up!

8 Likes

I like your style :grin:

2 Likes

Great playing Scott! Loved the tone!

1 Like

Struggled so much with “Don’t Stop Believin’” that I had to do something else. :slight_smile: This is a cover of my own, it’s been so long since I played it that I had to figure out what to play. It’s not great, but at least it’s another song that I manage to play. https://youtu.be/7JOsdVEn2Uw

4 Likes

Nicely done JohnnyB! Not exactly my cup of tea, but performed well.

1 Like

Thank you @JerryP :slight_smile: It’s not mine anymore either. It’s been a very long time since I played this, and when I left the band, it was because I didn’t like the music we played. But it was fun to see if I could manage to do it again now. I don’t think I’ll attempt any of the heavier metal songs; I’ll spare you from that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha, no worries. You play whatever makes you happy.

2 Likes

Nice job Mr. @cheeze_pizza

Noticing you are not using your fretting hand at all for muting those steccato notes.
Would be good to get into the practice of doing this so you have it in your toolbox.
Video is off, or my PC is slow, could be.

I struggled on those fills for a while, but when I got them they are fun as heck to play!
Yours sounded great.

2 Likes

I thought this was excellent @Johnnyb
Not my cup of tea either but the riffs are great and you played them fantastic!

2 Likes

does it mean that it is your own composition ?

1 Like

Yupp, a long time ago.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

okay ! there is this thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, I know, and for sure if I make something new, I will post it there. But this really was a cover, as I totally had to find out what to play. I’m not even sure if it’s right. :slight_smile: But it is drop D at least. That, I am sure about. But no problem if it should be moved to the other category. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

no it’s not a problem, don’t worry !

2 Likes

Thanks John. I have used my fretting had for muting in other songs I believe. The plucking hand seemed to be tight enough on this song but as the song difficulty progresses I could see that becoming an issue. Good info man.

I still seem to struggle with syncing in iMovie…what was the software you mentioned previously that has the audio sync feature?

Thanks again.

1 Like